JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Install smartthings hub v3 nightmare

(Topic created: 08-24-2020 04:20 PM)
userj8bpnR3Ewy
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Have followed smartthings app instructions to install hub v3 over wifi and ethernet. Conducted the reset as requested by the app. I have all the blinking red green lights... but keep receiving hub offline error code. It finds my network and says it's connected. My Samsung S10 phone is connected to the hub.  This is stupidly frustrating. Can't find any helpful support documents for troubleshooting other than the reset/reboot. Can anyone help?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I would recommend clearing the cache on your SmartThings app. Go to settings > apps > SmartThings > tap on storage and clear the cache. 

Also give this link a try for the meaning of the LED lights on your device: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205956920-What-do-the-LED-colors-on-the-Hub-mean-

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps above and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I would recommend clearing the cache on your SmartThings app. Go to settings > apps > SmartThings > tap on storage and clear the cache. 

Also give this link a try for the meaning of the LED lights on your device: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205956920-What-do-the-LED-colors-on-the-Hub-mean-

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps above and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context