JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Jet Bot & AI+ Self Emptying Issues

(Topic created: 06-26-2022 07:23 PM)
userVhI4SolXE8
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a Jet Bot and Jet Bot AI+ that both have the self empty station. They were both working awesome and emptying when the bin would fill up, as I had set in their individual settings, and were doing this properly for months. Suddenly (a few weeks ago?) they both stopped emptying when full. They now both drag around pet hair because they’re so full they can’t put it in the bin, and they only auto empty when they need to charge. This happens with scheduled cleanings, manual cleanings, anything. They also audibly say something like “The bin filter may be clogged” - I’m assuming this is because neither will empty the bin and it’s overfilled?

Things I have tried to narrow down the issues:

1. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the SmartThings app on my phone

2. reset both robots to factory defaults and re-added to the app, etc.

3. Cleaned both the empty station/dock and also the robots thoroughly multiple times, using the process outlined in the user manuals.

4. Moved them to different floors of the home to test if it’s something in the area of the house.

5. Toggled the setting for when to auto empty (when full or when returning to charge) many times.

They both started this behavior at the exact same time, so I’m wondering if this is a firmware bug that was introduced in the last update for them.

Any input from Samsung staff or other users who have encountered this would be great!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi there! I definitely understand the concern with your Jet Bot not emptying. It sounds like you've already checked a lot of the troubleshooting steps. I'm providing the following link to our guide on what to do, so that you can check anything you might have missed. However, once all of these steps are completed, if the Jet Bot is still not emptying, it will require service. There’s a couple options here we can take based on your warranty status. 
If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location or reach out to any local repair shop.
2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/vacuums/jet-bot-robot/

View solution in context

2 Replies
MSheaWho
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm having this same issue, so commenting here to follow replies. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi there! I definitely understand the concern with your Jet Bot not emptying. It sounds like you've already checked a lot of the troubleshooting steps. I'm providing the following link to our guide on what to do, so that you can check anything you might have missed. However, once all of these steps are completed, if the Jet Bot is still not emptying, it will require service. There’s a couple options here we can take based on your warranty status. 
If you’re in the one-year manufacturer’s warranty, please gather together the full model and serial number of your unit, and have ready your name, street address, 2 phone numbers (Best contact, alternative number), email, and place of purchase. Provide this information to an agent, in one of the following options below:
1.) Reach out to a Moderator directly, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above.
2.) Reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter. Please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread.
3.) You can also contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.
4.) Last, if you wish to speak with a live agent and don’t want to call in, you can reach out to our Live Chat team. 
If you’re out of the one-year manufacturer’s warranty: 
1. You can utilize this link to locate an authorized service center in your area to obtain estimates for repairs: http://www.Samsung.com/us/support/service/location or reach out to any local repair shop.
2. The other option, would be a replacement of the unit. Samsung.com offers amazing deals on different models that may be to your liking, check out those deals here: https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/vacuums/jet-bot-robot/