cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Mapping and change magnet strip

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Say I get succesful map of my floor plan and then want to temporarily avoid a dining nook- if I use magnets to block this nook off and later remove them how will this affect the operation? the mapping? Or similarly, say a room that had been mapped is closed off (doors closed) then what happens?

Thanks much

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Mapping and change magnet strip

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would remap itself to that area once the blockade is removed. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It should reroute to complete the map avoiding the blocked off area.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So if the magnet strip is removed later will it still avoid that area? i.e. would the map no longer have that area... 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would remap itself to that area once the blockade is removed. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So just to understand the magnetics... what if the original map is done with the magnet strip...  and then later the magnet strip is removed...  is the strip assigned as a "wall" in the original mapping and still "is there" after removing the strip later? or does a remap happen?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the full model code of the vacuum? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a new  VR2AM7065WS.   I have a wood floor and one or two rugs that I don't want the robot to go on.  So I'd love to have them registered as "edge of room" in the mapping and not have to have the magnet strip there all the time. But actually I don't see the magnet registered as "edge" so maybe I will try to put a physical barrier that will register as "edge of room" and maybe that will stay in map even if barrier is removed.