cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Must shut down 2x

New 8K 900R. When I press the on/off button on the remote to shut down—both the TV and the Spectrum box shut down, but the TV starts again with "HDMI 1, check device power, with a "Power-on" button.

The only other device I have is a DVD.

Got tip?

10 REPLIES 10
Product Expert

Re: Must shut down 2x

Hi there,

Maybe try holding down the remote for a little longer during the initial shut down to see if that helps. You can also try replacing the batteries to see if that helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Tried it several times and it didn't work.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have anynet+ turned on? It can sometimes cause the tv to turn on if an external device is on. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks Caleb,

I'll check. I don't know where that setting is located. Is it a Spectrum or a Samsung setting?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks, will try.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Keep me updated! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

Keep me updated! 

No luck. It still takes two presses of the Spectrum (RC-122) remote's On/Off. It turns off and then back on. It then stays off when I press the on/off again.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The last question does this occur when the DVD player is unplugged from the TV? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This will be under the TV settings you can turn it off or on by going to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC).