cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user3OuEvmIPCS
Constellation

My TV on google home

I have a Samsung 6 series TV and i want to be able to link it with my Google home mini. I tried to connect it to SmartThings and link my account to the Google home app, but my TV is showing as a switch. That means that i can only turn it on ond off and nothing else. I could use the SmartThings app but i like that all my smart home products are all in one app.

P.S. I don't have a SmartThings hub if thats the problem.

Thank for help!

9 REPLIES 9
userbzcytS5w4F
Constellation

Re: My TV on google home

I've just bought a Q60r and I'm having the exact same issue. Google home is seeing it as a switch with "unknown"manufacturer so I can only turn it off and on.

The Smart things app lets me control it fine, and it's named "Living Room TV" so Google should be categorising it as a TV but no luck.

This is a big deal breaker for me.

userxoJUNWJgf9
Constellation

Same here. Series 7. The Samsung website clearly shows a Google Home screenshot of the device appearing as a TV so I'm assuming this must be a bug of some kind ...?

userC3a1dZJV5v
Constellation

Same problem on my Q60 google home is seeing it as a switch with "unknown"manufacturer so I can only turn it off and on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If those steps are not helpful then you will need to contact Google for support with their device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you followed these steps during the setup? https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-setup-google-home-on-a-samsung-tv/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userqDeoFD4VUX
Constellation

That does not help. 

Same issue here.. 

user3OuEvmIPCS
Constellation

I did it as it said but its still isnt working

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user3OuEvmIPCS Are you seeing the same error where the Google Home isn't recognizing the TV?

Highlighted
usertmZlDF4iNn
Astronaut

I am having the exact same problem with my Samsung TV and Google Home & Mini.  I've linked my Google Home and Mini to my Smartthings account, but it thinks my TV is a switch.  I have a Samsung 8 with the latest software.  But Smartthings is sending device type = "Switch" to the Google Home app.  I've read in other forums that the Smartthings connection only works for 2018 and 2019 models.  If you have a 2017 or older, it does not work.  You would think Samsung could update the TV OS/Software to make this work for older models.