JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Network drops during streaming

(Topic created: 04-08-2020 06:45 PM)
Timidator
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am seeing regular drops when streaming from my router wirelessly to the QLED Television.  This happens on all streaming channels and seems to occur around 90 minutes or so into any production.  I have plenty of bandwidth on my router, No other devices are having this kind of issue and when I had a Firestick from Amazon, never had this issue as well.  The TV was bought last November.  I am going first going to purchase a long cat 5 cable to try a direct connect to my router to see if the problem is only wireless.  I also eventually plan to purchase the Amazon Firestick 4k in the hopes that I can have a much more reliable streaming device than what this product offers.  The Samsung gets poor marks when I compare their remote and voice system to the Firestick and I sure hope I can use that device because Samsung has let me down with this product.

65" Class Q70R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2019)

SERIAL NUMBER: <HIDDEN>

MODEL NUMBER: QN65Q70RAFXZA

MANUFACTURER WARRANTY VALID THROUGH SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2020

4 Replies
Solution
ItsGV
Product Expert
Options
QLED and The Frame

Its always best and recommended to wired connect your TV to your router especially when streaming 4k content and video games. Also, make sure to not have too many devices connected to your wifi and not getting them all online at the same time to get the best streaming results. hope this helps! 

Be sure to click " Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Timidator
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have Cat5 wire on the way and going to hardwire.  If that fixes it ok, good to go.   But I also have the 4K Kindle on the way just to test the wireless.  But either way, your reply received loud and clear. 

Thank you

Timidator
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Alright SammySung, I am starting to think its your smart hub television system that is the culprit here and you are hiding behind the age old "oh you're wireless is too far" excuse.  

I went and bought the Firestick 4k.  That's right, 40 bucks to Bezos.  It happens he knows a bit more about streaming I guess than you do.  Probably Apple would as well.  Climbed all over the attic getting ready to drop a cat 5 network line, but it turns out the firestick from Amazon is not dropping like you do.  And I like Alexa so much more than your brain dead Bixby "I don't understand" voice control.  Thank goodness for Amazon and you having the alternate input source, cause I got a feeling your smart hub is really a poorly designed streaming device.  Picture is still good.  I'll probably run the cat 5, but buyers dont buy this tv for the smart hub and remote.  You will be disappointed.

gat1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

After experiencing the same problem as many, many others (I even purchased a new router in an attempt to repair the dropping wifi) with nothing working for any great length of time.   

Ultimately I decided to purchase a newer, faster router, Netgear R7000P, and that fixed my problem.    I was blaming the TV but it appears my router was to blame.

0 Likes