Original topic:

New Samsung TVs are not discoverable by either Google/Nest Home or Apple ipodHome

(Topic created: 12-29-2022 07:06 PM)
clee525
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

is Samsung still using the clunky “Smart Things” as a means to connect to “smart home” bc if so, that doesn’t see, to be working with either my Google/Nest Home or Apple ipodHome  even tho I have two late model Samsun TVs.  Very frustrating. 

the fact that Samsun customer support sent me here to work about the problem rather than having a reply, solution on their own is further cause for me to regret being such a loyal Samsun customer 

I should have gone with another brand when I purchased my TVs.  Now I am stuck 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Hello, We understand how frustrating it is to not be able to connect your Smart devices. When trying to connect the devices, are you following these steps?

1. Download both the Samsung SmartThings and Google Home apps on your smartphone, if you don’t have them already. Both are available on iOS or Android.

2. Ensure your smartphone and the Samsung Smart TV are connected to the same home Wi-Fi network.

3. Your Samsung Smart TV must be added to the SmartThings app. If you have not done this, then make sure your TV is logged into your Samsung account. Do so by going to Settings and then GeneralSystem Manager, and finally Samsung Account.

4. Next, log into the SmartThings app with your Samsung account. Tap Devices and then + to add your TV to the app, if it is not already listed.

5. Open the Google Home app and tap + in the upper left corner. Tap Set up device, followed by Works with Google.

6. Search for SmartThings, log into your Samsung account, and then tap Authorize to connect SmartThings to Google Home. Your TV will now appear within the Google Home app.

0 Likes