cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAmBrettless
Asteroid

POWERBot R7065 unable to clean carpets with black color

Hi guys,

I'm having a serious challenge with getting my POWERBotR7065 to clean carpets with black in them. It keeps bumping back and forth and cannot go over the color. It defeats the purpose of having it and not being able to get the carpets cleaned. Now we have to look into replacing our carpets or giving up the bot.

Any recommendations?

Thank You.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: POWERBot R7065 unable to clean carpets with black color

Thank you for reaching out, can I have your full model number to better assist you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

IAmBrettless
Asteroid

Hi Caleb,

Thank You for responding. It's VR2AM7065WS/AA.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information, just to make sure is the power bot cleaning one floor then will not clean the black carpet? If so is there a small step up from one floor to the black carpet? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

IAmBrettless
Asteroid

Here are pics of the carpets on hardwood floors in two rooms. They are part of the floor and so when cleaning, the bot goes up to them but cannot clean black areas so it keeps bumping back and forth then turns away and cleans the hardwood.20191202_171538.jpg20191202_171720.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that, unfortunately, the vacuum robot will register that black as a void, like it would if it got close to the stairs that is what stops it from falling down stairs. 

IAmBrettless
Asteroid

Hi Caleb,

Well, that's not good. Defeats the purpose of having it. We now have to order new carpets and will keep this in mind when choosing the colors. I just ordered a Hoover High Performance Swivel for them because they still have to be cleaned.  We'll have to really think more carefully about it and the other 2 bots we had planned to order for each floor of the house.

Thank You for your feedback. I would suggest talking with production team to look into a more favorable option for the device and those of us who have dark colored carpets.

Samtastic
Cosmic Ray

You shouldn't have black carpets. But upon reviewing the photos, I noticed that the carpet is not actually black, but a beautiful combination of colors. I really like it. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the robot.

Highlighted
IAmBrettless
Asteroid

Thank You Samtastic "You shouldn't have black carpets" Smiley LOL

Yes, they are beautiful and why we choose them for the color combination.