JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Powerbot 7040 Noise

(Topic created: 01-26-2021 12:50 PM)
userXOUq9XgCiK
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi! My Bot makes a dying cat sound when it's operating. I just changed the brush roll to it recently. And there doesn't appear to be any clogs. Any ideas what might be wrong? I tried uploading a video for sound but I can't. Let me know, thanks! 

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

Is it more like a rattling sound? Can you provide me with your model number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userXOUq9XgCiK
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi!
I solved a recent loud rattling sound by replacing the brush bar. Now, it sounds like a dying cat. Not sure how to describe it. Wish I could send you a video of it. 

VR1AM7040WG/AA

🙂

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Smart Home Support

Try the following: 

Place the vacuum on a different type of surface.

If the noise only occurs on one type of floor, nothing is wrong with the vacuum. For instance, wooden or other hard floors may cause the vacuum to be louder than when it is over the carpet.

Inspect the bristles.

Turn off the POWERbot using the emergency turn off the switch. Inspect the bristles and the beater bar (you might also call it the "roller") for any debris. Remove any debris and test the POWERbot again.

Also, check to see if the rubber tip of the beater bar is missing. If this rubber is missing, replace the beater bar. You can purchase parts from our parts website.

Missing rubber:

Powerbot bar missing rubber

With rubber:

Powerbot bar with rubber

Empty the canister.

Empty the vacuum's canister and clean the filter. Reassemble and test the POWERbot again.

If the noise continues on multiple types of surfaces, then service is required. To proceed with service feel free to send any moderator a private message with your serial number or contact 1-800-Samsung to have service set up.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userOJeokA1Cr1
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Ours worked fine, and then suddenly a few months past a year it is so loud that we can only let it run when we are out of the house.  My wife's watch registered it at 110 db.  I called for service but it is a few months past the one-year warranty.  They want $160.00 to repair the device.  Save yourself, buy another brand

0 Likes