JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Powerbot R7040 problem

(Topic created on: 11/16/20 11:16 AM)
userViv1wtnyjs
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a Powerbot R7040 and in the last week or 2 it has been having issues that seems related to the left drive motor/wheel. The Powerbot will be cleaning then it stops and tries to turn and the right is able to spin but the left motor doesn't go and then it stops, alerts, and shows error C02. If I pause and restart it sometimes it will go sometimes it will do the same thing but if you hit start and give it a gentle "push-start" it will go just fine in a straight line until it tries to spin again and same thing happens. I have used computer duster spray to clear anything out (nothing more than a little dust and hair, same as the other side) came out but it still does it. Any troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
userL4PPk2scYW
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

hello!  google indicates C-02 means something is stuck in the left drive wheel.

the instruction manual may cover how to stick something in there to clean it out.

or more drastically you could disassemble the vaccum to remove the left wheel to clean it.  (the site ifixit has a guide on how to do it on a VR9000 which might be similar)

Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001928/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

prjct92eh2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support

I had to replace both wheels over time for this error. The motors looked burned out. If you're lucky enough to be under warranty, i'd return it. Otherwise save yourself the hassle and cut your losses and get a new vacuum.

0 Likes