JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Powerbot WiFi reset default

(Topic created: 01-08-2018 09:03 PM)
userobzfiWIgIj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support

As a security issue, it can be necessary to clear the WiFi router registration in the Powerbot with WiFi when the robot is to be reused or moved various ways -- to protect the password.  Calls to customer service obtained no information on any way to do this.  Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the machine to factory defaults?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

Sadly there is not a method to resetting the vacuum itself but there is a way to reset the Smart Home connections in the app. This can be done by going to Smart Home, under Settings > Connected members, select the vacuum, and then touch Reset to disconnect all Samsung accounts from the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Replies
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

Can you provide the model code of your Powerbot?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userobzfiWIgIj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support

The issue was brought to my attention by another user, and applies to all Powerbot models equipped with WiFi.  e.g. turbo VR2AK9350WK/AA

A work around may exist in altering the password in the router and re-connecting the powerbot to the "phony" router to erase the original password in the robot, then restoring the router to normal.  Still, there should be a procedure in firmware to reset to factory defaults and erase any router registration.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungNik
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

Sadly there is not a method to resetting the vacuum itself but there is a way to reset the Smart Home connections in the app. This can be done by going to Smart Home, under Settings > Connected members, select the vacuum, and then touch Reset to disconnect all Samsung accounts from the device.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userDnWlNvNNgg
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

This is not available to me as the Smart Home App automatically tries to use the old wifi and there is NEVER an opportunity to intervene.

0 Likes
user3TJcBnRPJQ
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

There is a way to reset wifi.

Go into smartthings app on your phone or tablet.

Add device and select samsung powerbot

You will be promted to hold down clock on remote

Vacuum will reconnect to your phone and network

0 Likes
userOFbmIeXQav
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I found tha tbig problem is that while trying to reconnect the robot to the Smart Things app it would shut off and stop trying to connect. The problem is that when it starts AP mode it then gets to 47% and stops becuase the unit shuts off. It shut off becuase it is all the way charged. Either take it off the charger and/or take the battery out and dock it and then it will connect to the app becuase it stays on trying to charge. Voila! 

Then to completely reset it I put it in AP mode and unplugged the battery. Then make sure to turn off the main switch, hook the battery back up and turn it on again. Then try to recoonect it will forget the wifi. And you can now reset the wifi, sell it, gift it, or reconnect it. Alternatively, you can sell it on ebay for $50 (easy sell) as  is and/or throw it against the wall and sell it's still intacat parts on eBay.

0 Likes
usery4YYOnWm0O
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Robot vacuum r7040 wifi no connection 

0 Likes
userLLF3tIHgOs
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I found if you disconnect the battery, wait a minute,  plug it back in, and then you can reset the WIFI connection. 

0 Likes
userDnWlNvNNgg
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

None of the community suggestions for my situation.  I have a new wifi connection and the Smart Home App continues to try to connect to the old connection.  I have deleted the powerbot vacuum from Alexa and the Smart Thing Apps, deleted and reinstalled the Smart Home App.  The Smart Home continues to try to use the old wifi connection.  ANY other ideas out there?

0 Likes