JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Powerbot does not find rooms

(Topic created on: 1/13/21 9:42 AM)
useruIpkmXKf3O
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I have a new Powerbot 7040 that will not find the rooms in my house. I have run it five different days since I got it with no success. I have all the lights on and the rooms free of clutter on the floors.

This a one-story, three bedroom, open concept house.

- Twice it found bedroom 2, but only cleaned half the floor.

- Once it found bedroom 1, but only cleaned half the floor.

- It has never found bedroom 3, which is directly off a hall that it has found (but not all five times) and right next to bedroom 2.

- there is also an office, with two different entrances, and it has not found it all five times I have run it.

After the first two times I ran the vacuum I moved the dock to a different, more open part of the house. It didn't help.

This is ridiculous. Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

If you will call in to 800-726-7864, you can ask the agent to connect remotely to you Powertbot and run a diagnostic to help determine what is happening.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
userLPPMfZUlWV
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Having this exact same problem, very small 2 bedroom house (under 1000 square feet).

Refuses to go into either bedroom, and it's been probably close to ten runs now.

Curiously, my previous model was a 7040 same as yours, it always hit all the rooms.

useruIpkmXKf3O
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

And I can find no way to directly email customer support. This is very frustrating.

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I am sorry to hear about this. Does the bot ever attempt to enter the rooms, or does it just never go anywhere near them?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruIpkmXKf3O
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

It sometimes, but not every time, finds the rooms, but it never covers the full room.

Yesterday I tried again, and the vacuum found the master bedroom, went straight to the far wall, turned around and went back out, and never returned. It has done something similar in another bedroom. 

Yesterday it cleaned the breakfast nook, but not the attached kitchen. The path between the two is unobstructed and well lit.

Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

If you will call in to 800-726-7864, you can ask the agent to connect remotely to you Powertbot and run a diagnostic to help determine what is happening.

View solution in context

useruIpkmXKf3O
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you.

I was told they could not connect remotely to a Powerbot, but they did offer a suggestion that I'm trying today, and set up a service appointment in case I need it.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

You are most welcome. Please let us know if we can provide further assistance.

0 Likes