JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Recent Update to SmartThings broke the remote control feature

(Topic created: 01-18-2023 11:06 AM)
TJayDa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
It seems that the recent update toSmartThings app caused the remote control feature to stop working on my[TV] Samsung 6 series (55) and mySamsung Galaxy S22 ULTRA -- (see screenshot below to learn the version I am testing) 

I can do everything else with the TV with my phone -- like useSmart View and also use the feature "View TV on Phone" viaSmartThings. 

The remote control feature was working okay between my phone and TV before the update, then after the update it stopped working. This is the error I get when I try it. (see screenshot below) 

*Please note that the TV is on when I try that. So I don't know why it thinks it's powered off. 

I've already tried removing the device (TV) onSmartThings and try again and also reset my network to no avail. And yes, the TV is on when I test the remote control feature and on the same network as the phone.

UPDATE:
I tried to clear the data for the SmartThings app and when I tried to add my TV again, and then attempt to run the Remote Control feature. 

It reminded me that when I first tried that the first time, it told me it needed to download and install an add-on for it to work. 

Of course I allowed it (like the previous time) but the feature is still not working for me.

I'm wondering if this add-on needs an update to work with the new version of SmartThings? Hmmm?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TJayDa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
UPDATE:

I fixed my issue. I decided to do a factory reset on my TV. And that fixed the issue.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
TJayDa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
UPDATE:

I fixed my issue. I decided to do a factory reset on my TV. And that fixed the issue.