userrdEwu3KzlI
Asteroid

Re: Samsung POWERbot R7070 will not respond to commands from Alexa

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userci8kwfAoFi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here have two 7070 tries everything - the issue is clearly that the vacuum is a switch in Alexa - I also have a homebridge installed for HomeKit and I can see the vacuum in HomeKit too only as a light switch same behavior - it beeps and that’s it ..... need a solution here help please !!!! 

usernSHS80xM29
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys

I have tried this method and it works. I used thr same method instead of google home mini I i use Alexa,the theory is the same. 

https://youtu.be/zE_TogCkO-M

Have fun 

View solution in original post

userrdEwu3KzlI
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, So I was having the same problem, now I know how to do it and it works.

You have  to link the SmartThings  app and and samsung smart home with  alexer  in order for it to work.  After they are both linked, you can use this command. 

- Alexer tell Samsung to turn on robot vacuum. It should start vacuuming. 

-Alxer tell Samsung to turn off  robot vacuum. 

Good luck. 

user2YmGgtAvlC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. I was on the phone with amazon alexa for over an hour. No progress 

Highlighted
Chana
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The powerbot will not work with Samsung SmartThings. I had the same problem when all the sudden SmartThings showed up on my tablet. So I went through all the trouble of getting SmartThings to recognize my powerbot and setting it up with Alexa but Alexa just beeps and is unable to control the powerbot with SmartThings. For Alexa to control your powerbot you just need to download Samsung smart home from Google play. The app looks like a triangle without the bottom. Uninstall your SmartThings apps, there are two of them and neither work. Also remember to delete the powerbot on Alexa that was discovered through SmartThings. Once you download Samsung smart home you can have Alexa discover the powerbot again.

userci8kwfAoFi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That won’t work - my device is not made for the Samsung home app only Samsung connect which is Smartthings ... that’s the message I get when I try what you recommend. 

userJAqBF83oXy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Amazon needs a a certification process.  Only being able to make the vacuume *beep* isn't a useful feature.   Saying advertising the Robot as usable with Alexa, only make me frustrated with Amazon.

False advertising on Samsung's part.  

Diminishing Amazon/Alexa's brand

user2YmGgtAvlC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get the same message

userP3066yJTAB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got home with my R7070 and set it up in both the Smartthings appand Alexa app... this is exactly the issue I have.

Does it actually work for any of you?  The vacuum looks like an outlet in Alexa and all it does is beep, no matter the command.