Original topic:

Samsung Powerbot R7040 repair estimate

(Topic created: 11-15-2020 11:29 AM)
userpw7v1QM3Iq
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi, I hope someone can help... 

I have a Samsung Powerbot R7040 which is out of warranty and is experiencing problems and no longer cleans efficiently. Essentially the vacuum makes a loud grinding sound, the brush doesn't spin and the vacuum rarely makes it back to its base. 

I had this problem after approximately 11 months of ownership and it was repaired under warranty. Now 12 months later and out of warranty I am having the exact same problem. 

I do have extended warranty coverage through my credit card but in order to process the claim, the warranty company needs a repair estimate. I spoke to Samsung and they said that they were unable to give me a repair estimate without me shipping it to a repair center at my own expense and paying a estimating/examination fee. Something I don't want to do as I'm sure it will be quite substantial. 

From the last time the vacuum was repaired I know the following items were replaced: 

Sensor 

Brush

Brush Cover 

Motor Brush Assembly 

Can anyone provide any advice on how I could get a written estimate? 

Thank you! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm sorry to hear that, as this is out of warranty you can use the number below to get in touch with our depot center and they will be able to give you more information. 

Depot center number: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm sorry to hear that, as this is out of warranty you can use the number below to get in touch with our depot center and they will be able to give you more information. 

Depot center number: 1-310-669-4334.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context