Original topic:

Samsung SmartThings app remote glitch

(Topic created: 07-15-2022 09:00 PM)
Adraofnyx
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

My app is updated. I tried Uninstalling and reinstalling it. No issues with my internet or devices. 

The issue seems isolated to the remote. My husband and daughter's phones have been doing the same thing, so it's not isolated to just my phone. It just started yesterday. It happens no matter which TV I connect to, so it's not the TV. Both TVs respond fine to physical remotes, and I downloaded a 3rd party samsung remote app from galaxy store and it works fine (but it's more inconvenient). The SmartThings app works until I open the remote, and then it closes remote and goes back to the device list screen. Is there a way to contact Samsung with the issue? 
18 Replies
KrazeeKy
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Text START to 1800 SAMSUNG, 24/7 TECH GEEKS (COMPLEMENT) To remotely access and diagnose
Adraofnyx
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Thanks
0 Likes
KrazeeKy
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Good luck. My device is being buggy too but different ways tied to Smart Things.
KrazeeKy
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
New tech awesome but its a Beta Bugs scenario for several updates, in my experience. Glad your Ohana apps works!
LRenae
Nebula
Options
Smart Home Support
Same problem interesting hadn't noticed that before now.
LilRoz316
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
I've been on the phone with apps this morning...who passed it to the television department...who passed it to the mobile dept......who says it's obviously an issue with the app.
Adraofnyx
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
At least it's not just me, I suppose. It's so annoying.
0 Likes
needsamilking
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I'm having the same problem
LilRoz316
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
Find the .apk file for version 1.7.82.23. It's the older version released in March 2022....
0 Likes