JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Soundbar HW-Q80R Bluetooth disconnects after about 2 minutes

(Topic created: 11-04-2020 01:00 PM)
userTJRNnzWAxH
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

My soundbar's Bluetooth can only play for les than 3 minutes befor it disconnects. I bought it from Best Buy recently and just hadn't used that feature. Before it disconnects the volume goes up and and cuts abruptly before it displays D.IN. I downloaded the SmartThings app and played a station from Tunein with the wifi and it also disconnected after about 2 minutes as well. 

I have updated it to newest version 1010.5.

plug-in version is 3.1.28

I reset it to factory settings. 
I have turned it of and on. 
made sure my wifi is fast enough (averaging 85mps)
put the phone literally next to the sound bar and it didn't help. 
paired and disconnected Bluetooth
Disconnected everything else from the sound bar. 

Nothing is helping

May anyone help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Thanks. Try pressing the Settings button (looks like a gear) until you see the "Init" message in the display, then see if this helps.

View solution in context

6 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Smart Home Support

Do you have the device connected via optical cable or HDMI?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userTJRNnzWAxH
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

It is connected via hdmi. This happens even when its not connected via any cables. It happens in anymore as well. For example, if I'm watching from my tv via the arc HDMI on volume 20 in the standard sound mode it will stay that way for about 2 minutes and then stutters once and change the volume back to 15 and sound mode to adaptive. This happens in whatever mode, not just Bluetooth. Right now I just have to adaptive mode and volume 15 to avoid any disruptions so I can use it for the time being. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Please try holding the Vol- for 5 seconds, and tell me if the display shows a message. 

0 Likes
userTJRNnzWAxH
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support
Hi, 

No it doesn’t show any message; It just goes down to zero volume. Tried with the remote and the Soundbar itself. It just displays '0'. Thanks. 
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Thanks. Try pressing the Settings button (looks like a gear) until you see the "Init" message in the display, then see if this helps.

userTJRNnzWAxH
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

That worked, thanks. 

@Anonymous wrote: