Astronaut

Re: Samsung smart washer won't connect to app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

???? forget through phone .... cant see on the washer/dryer

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't say I have the perfect fix however I have had a hard time with my washer and dryer many times. The best luck I have had is when I disconnect everything off of the wifi network except for the one washer/dryer I am trying to connect. This means I run around the house like a dumbo and unplug my wifi cameras, T.V.s, turn off the wifi on all the laptops, tablets and phones... Once everything is off (EVERYTHING) I can get it to find the washer/dryer. Then I turn it off and find the other one. Hope it helps. Also, I turn off all 5Ghz devices too. I don't know if it is because of network congestion or radio interface but it has worked one more than one occasion for me.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue from this past weekend

DV50K7500EV dryer and WF50K7500AV  washer

device being uses is Samsung S7 Edge Android

I have the MAC addresses for both from the USB wireles key through the washer and dryer.

I can see them on my WIFI router (Rogers Hitron). 

It will show AP and then after using the Smart Home app to add it sees it and then I log onto my wifi. 

Then the washer/dryer(one a time but both act the same) show oAP and then it just sits.

After a couple of minutes the Smart home app just says "Failed to connect the device, please try again later"

Again all on my web connection for the wifi router with the correct MAC but NO app access.

Anything further please let me know. .

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The answer is that for washing machines with LCD screen, under settings/network, you have to tell the washing maching which of the 2 apps - washing machine app or smart home app. 

Depending on your model of washer, the washing machine app is the only that will work. The default is smart home app. You still have to register you washing machine under samsungsmartappliance.com You still need to access your wifi router and find the MAC address to register the device.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung dv50k7500ev  washer and dryer will not connect to my Samsung galaxy s9+ or my Samsung home hub or my Google home.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here.

Android 7 latest smart home app and brand new washer WW80K6414qw.

Tried 4 different devices runing android and no success. A shame for samsung advertising the product as smart.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same experience.  Has anyone properly installed following any of the unfortunately different instructions?  If so, what worked? 

I cannot get the app to see either my washer (WA54M8750AW/A4) or my dryer (DVG54M8750W/A3), and I’ve tried all the fixes suggested by Samsung.  Everything else has connected to my Wifi without issue.  I can’t get the MAC address for either machine if I follow the directions.  I was able to get the MAC for both with a network sniffer tool, but even when I enter it, it will not register the product.  The sniffer shows a strong signal for both MAC addresses as well as my Wifi, which is about 10 feet from my appliances.

I did register both products directly vis-à-vis the internet browser connect to Samsung, and when I look on line, it shows them as 2 of my registered Samsung devices.  But when I try to use the app to set up either of the Android apps, I get an error message saying there are no registered products and directing me to go through the same circular-doesn’t-work-when-done path.

I’ve done the whole deinstall/reinstall of both apps as well as cold boot my router.

All required network connection settings (WPA2 AES TKIP) are set at the router and all other network devices use them to connect.  I even pre-authenticated the MAC of both devices on my router and gave them access through all security based on their MAC.  There are no limits to the number/type of devices or ports on the router.  Still, nothing.

I’m using a Samsung S5 with all current updates including Android v. 8.0.0.

Anyone found the magic?  Cool tech, ridiculous documentation.  Smiley Mad

Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, both washer (WW80K7605OW) and dryer (DV80M8214AW) where connected to my Wi-Fi network in the past.
After reconfiguring my router I was not able to get my appliances back on the Network.
I have separate SSID's for 2.4 and 5.0 GHz to make sure the right networdk was selected.
My phone is in Airplane mode with wifi enabled, it's able to find the appliances. At the moment the appliance tries to connect, It is listed in my router's client list, but after a while, the app reports the device failed to connect.

In the past, I've created a separate VLAN with a separate SSID in order to connect, as far as I remember, It had something to do with either the SSID name or the Encryption used (My current SSID has whitespaces in it and the security is WPA2/WPA3 with AES encryption). On which wi-fi configurations are the appliances tested?

Another thing I really hate about the new app is that every time I try to add/update my appliances, I have to re-enter my samsung account credentials and that very hard to read CAPTCHA.

And last but not least, My account is set to Dutch but when tapping the installed appliances in the app, it reports "the appliance needs to be updated" in German, not in Dutch or even English.

Enjoys life | Software Engineer | Tech Guy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do have an actual "fix" for this issue.  It came to me in a dream..  no not  really.  I did some testing by using my hotspot from my phone vs my home wifi.  Turns out that the Samsung "smart" devices are unable to use long wifi passwords or complex ones.  

So the "fix", which really should be patched with a firmware upgrade from Samsung, is to reduce the complexity/legnth of your home wifi password to max 8 characters eg Smart123.

Yes this means that you have to go and change the password on all of your wifi devices in your home, but hey at least you can see how many washes have been done right?..

Samsung, if you are reading this I assume the reason why you arent fixing this is because there is no easy way to update the firmware over the phone with nana so you just leave it until the next release of your machine.  Pretty poor, i would expect that from LG, not you guys.  If you add a support document to this thread simply outlining how to connect a washer to an iPhone/Andoind wifi hotspot to register then you sure can push a firmware update to fix the wifi password length/complexity limitation.  

Good luck to all of the "me too's", I hope this helped you.