Can I get the following information?

Washer Model Number

Type Of Device Being Used

(If Samsung Device) Model Number Of Device

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung smart washer won't connect to app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WF45k6500AV/A2- (iPhoneX) I bought the USB WiFi smart home adapter and I have connected to it in the past. I have recently changed my WiFi password so I deleted the product off my smart home app. I tried reinstalling the washer but the Samsung wifi does not show up to connect to. I have tried reinstalling the app, restart WiFi, made sure app was up to date, unplugging my washer, made sure I was on 2.4hz. My washer is not to far away from router because I have several items on WiFi at that distance. What else can I do??

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried forgetting the old Wi-Fi network on your devices?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes. When you update your WiFi password it deletes the old one
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, I misread the previous message. I didn't realize you just changed the password, I thought you changed the entire network. I would recommend reaching out to our Smart Home department, you can reach them at 1-800-Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They were no help also.
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you speak with the Smart Home team directly or the Home Appliance team? You can directly reach the Smart Home team by calling 866-813-2404; the number provided previously above asks for information regarding the issue to direct you to the correct department. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First off this "solution" has 0 likes and I think there is a reason for that. I have called the support number and was ping ponged back and forth between the Home appliance team and smart home team about 6 times without ever solving my issue. I have sent emails into the Samsung Smart Things support manager, but not sure how that will play out...

Samsung support for Appliances/Washers is really bad. I read the 20 or so "me too" replies listed below having the problems getting the washer to connect to the app.

I am not sure why Samsung does not get there support in order and get something as easy as youtube video for each different washer model, because the documentation in the box is really not useful, it simply says get the app install it and follow the instruction of the app. I did, but I never get to the AP portion of the show, no matter how long I press Temp and Start/Stop simultatiously...

I have a WF45N5300AW/US and "Me Too" I can't connect it to the app, but I don't even get as fare as the author of this thread.  By the way if I just hit the Smart Care button on my washer it thinks about it then gives me the symbol "-:". I have not found online anywhere what "-:" means, but I have found many people asking... I will create a thread on that here to see if I get any response.

If anyone asks me what I think of Samsung washer, I will tell them clearly I think the support is terrible, so if you have a problem with it, you should buy something else when you replace it... I love my Samsung mobile devices, but applicances are just painful and no support help can be found.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still having issues connecting washer? I’m unable to connect getting same message you are