JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung sound bar app

(Topic created: 01-08-2023 05:35 PM)
sdgreg
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
So my Samsung android won't pair with my Samsung surround bar. Says I need an app????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Good evening @sdgreg, I hope you're doing well.

If you wanted to control your sound bar from your phone, you'll need to install the Samsung Smarthings app. That's what it's telling you to download.

For Samsung Smartthings; it's your hub for connecting your Samsung devices together.

In order for all your Samsung products to work together; you need to have your devices signed into the same Samsung account, and those devices also need to be connected to the same wifi network in order to see each other to work seamlessly.

I hope this answers the question for which app you need.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Good evening @sdgreg, I hope you're doing well.

If you wanted to control your sound bar from your phone, you'll need to install the Samsung Smarthings app. That's what it's telling you to download.

For Samsung Smartthings; it's your hub for connecting your Samsung devices together.

In order for all your Samsung products to work together; you need to have your devices signed into the same Samsung account, and those devices also need to be connected to the same wifi network in order to see each other to work seamlessly.

I hope this answers the question for which app you need.
sdgreg
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Thank you
0 Likes