Original topic:

Smart Home and SmartThings Not working

(Topic created: 05-31-2022 09:33 PM)
Samsung_W5CeVJf
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I have bought Samsung 4.5CuFt Washer model number WF45K6500AV and 7.5CuFt Electric Dryer model number DV45K6500EV on website it says it support SmartThings (i.e., This allow Wi-Fi Connectivity to remotely start or stop your cycle, schedule laundry on your time, receive end of cycle alerts, and more right from your smartphone with the SmartThings)

Below is URL of Washer and dryer on Samsung site :

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/washers/front-load/wf6500-4-5-cu-ft-addwash-front-load-wa...

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/dryers/electric/dv6500-7-5-cu-ft-capacity-electric-dryer-...

But it’s never worked for me and when contacted Samsung Tech Support(50 time i have contacted them) they started with transferring call to SmartThing department then they asked me over period of time to follow n- number of different steps and keep on sharing logs but they never get it to work. Finally sent technician for physical inspection and after multiple visit Samsung Technical support team have confirmed this multiple times these washer and dryer are not supported for Smart Home and SmartThings in the US and provided me a review number and asked to call 1800samsung.

But Samsung customer care will transfer to refund dept, and then they will say its support and transfer to SmartThings.. and it’s going in round and round in this circle from one department to another.

Below are some tickets that i raise to Samsung :

Tech Support: <HIDDEN>

Escalation to Refund Team <HIDDEN>

SmartThings Team <HIDDEN>

It's clear case of false advertisement and not getting any help..

0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Hello there! I can definitely understand how frustrating this situation must be. We definitely appreciate your patience during this time. If you would like, you can send a private message to any of the moderators here by clicking on our name and selecting private message. We can provide you with any updates about your case, as well as look for any additional options to help get this resolved. Please include your ticket numbers in the private message. 

0 Likes
userSaSh1gQgO2
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi, can you tell me how far can you get in the process? I mean, you turn on your washer then plug in de Samsung Home adapter (if required) then press the smart control button, and then? how far do you get?

0 Likes
TheShai1
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I had the exact same problem. It wouldn't connect to my Smartthings no matter what I did. I have a mesh wifi setup with pods and they broadcast 2.4 and 5GHZ simultaneously but the washer and dryer only connect to 2.4. I tried moving the mesh pod closer to the appliances, tried switching back to a modem/router. I even deleted my Samsung Account and started a fresh new one. Nothing worked. Fnally I reset my network settings on my android phone and magically they connected! It was like ding, a loght just went off. Samsung account chat help and smartthings were no help, they just kept telling me to do the same thing 0ver and over again. I even tried creating a mobile hotspot off my mewh wifi on my phone but that had to be turned off while trying to search for devices so it was pointless. Try resetting the network settings on your phone.
0 Likes