JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Hub APPS and Search won't open

(Topic created: 04-09-2022 10:19 AM)
usereRHmIfqNIL
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have Samsung TV model UN75MU6070F.  When I choose APPS from the Smart Hub, I get a brief spinner that says "APPS Loading", then a black screen.  A similar thing happens when I choose Search.  This started happening a couple of months ago; it was working fine before that.

Note that I can actually use existing apps, and I can install new apps if they are in the Recommended Apps panel of Smart Hub.  But since I can't open APPS itself, I can't uninstall apps, and I can't search for new apps to install.

What I've tried:
 - Hard reboots (many times, via long press on remote, and by unplugging the TV)
 - Software update (it updated once, but now I'm on version 1300, and there are no updates available)
 - Reset Smart Hub
 - Reset all to factory defaults
 - Changing network settings between wired and two different wifi networks

I've opened the secret System Service Menu, but I don't know what to do there, except that I changed the Debug / Error Popup setting to On.  Now, instead of a black screen, I get a black screen with this error message:

[org.volt.apps] Encountered fatal error on initialization
Failed to execute script
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
at Volt.$require [as r] (/opt/usr/apps/voltapps/saf_root/require.js:43:56)
at /opt/usr/apps/voltapps/3201612011278/panel_1.90706/app.js:90:6

It seems like I've got a problem in the software, but if software updates and factory resets don't fix it, then what will?  Help!
 - Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team regarding this issue. They can be reached at

1-866-813-2404

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team regarding this issue. They can be reached at

1-866-813-2404