Original topic:

Smart tag problems

(Topic created: 06-12-2022 07:40 PM)
Antx90
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
So when I replaced the battery of my smart tag it seemed to stoped working. I used to track my phone with it and vice versa, but now whenever I press my smart tag it just continuously Beeps and stops it no longer rings my phone and my phone can't detect it. I had multiple occasions when I was looking for my keys (with the smart tag attached to it obv) and the phone failed to detect it at all, even if it was right next to each other. I tried resetting the tag to my phone but the smart things app won't let me delete the smart tag off of it. Someone PLZZZ be my savior. Thank you for reading.  

10 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Open the Samsung smartthings application and then go to the Smart Tag and then hold down on the Smart tag icon and then choose edit and then remove the Smart tag from your location and room
Antx90
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
My problem is that it won't let tme remove the smart tag off the list.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Then in SmartThings tap on the + sign and then add new Device after you reconnect the Tag you should be all set Screenshot_20220612-225945_SmartThings_1800_1655089186.jpgScreenshot_20220612-225951_SmartThings_1801_1655089191.jpg
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Please see the attached link for Samsung support for Smart tags https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088244/
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Try resetting the TagScreenshot_20220612-232938_SmartThings_1806_1655090978.jpg
Antx90
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I resetted my tag but it won't connect to smarthings again.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Did you try to add the tag
Antx90
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Yes but I can't get pass the "press the button in the center of the smart tag" step. I do press it, but it does nothing, and the smart tag only does one beep sound that seems to cut fast.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support
Clear the cache of Samsung smartthings application and then reboot your phone, some people that have had issues took the battery out of the Tag for a few minutes and then tried again and it seems to work