Original topic:

SmartTags ONE USER!

(Topic created: 02-21-2021 04:11 PM)
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
My girlfriend and I use our Galaxy SmartTag with our dog (one way it was advertised). Unfortunately (and ironically), it was lost. I wanted my girlfriend to have access to the tracker in case it turns up when I can't use my phone, but oddly enough while I can add her to my SmartThings home, she can't track the tag because the tags can "only be tracked by their owner." Frankly, I think that's ridiculous--especially considering they advertised it being used with a dog. What if I'm at work and our dog gets loose? She can't utilize that function despite being linked to the same SmartThings home? This needs to be reworked. 

It isn't like it's a privacy thing; you have steps you have to take on your end in order to add/invite someone to your Smart Home, and in my case (with someone stealing our tag), it can't be reprogrammed to another account without me disconnecting my own. With that being said, there is no reason it shouldn't be able to be tracked via another device as long as the other device has permission via being a part of your SmartHome family. Hopefully this gets addressed and changed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
friskyplatypus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
I agree, this is ridiculous. Every tracker I've had allows other users to locate it as well.
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context