JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings connect to Chamberlain MyQ?

(Topic created: 01-15-2021 12:11 PM)
usernbfXmM4Uen
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Is it possible to connect my garage door that uses the Chamberlain MyQ app to the SmartThings hub?

15 Replies
PeterTheNotSoGreat
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Apparently the SmartThings Classic app has been discontinued. Can anyone suggest a way to connect to the Chamberlain MyQ garage door controller? I have a Samsung SmartThings Hub model STH-ETH-250 connected to my home.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Your MyQ controller should work fine with the new SmartThings app. Please check this LINK for information on migrating your setup, or contact the SmartThings support team directly at 866-813-2404.

0 Likes
PeterTheNotSoGreat
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I am not migrating. I am starting from scratch. I am attempting to follow the step by step for adding the necessary code but I have stumbled trying to find the myQ_lite in the SmartThings smart apps list.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

A google search will bring up several different solutions. There mention of setting up an Automation in the SmartThings app using Chamberlain's MyQ Lite app. We also have a Community thread dedicated to the Chamberlain here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Smart-Home-Support/SmartThings-connect-to-Chamberlain-MyQ/td-p/4...

0 Likes
PeterTheNotSoGreat
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Thank you. I'm not sure what did the trick but I installed the SmartThings Community Installer, learned how to enable OAUTH, and installed the BrBeaird's MyQ Lite with the community installer. Now everything works. Thank you @Anonymous for your posts. They kept me plugging away.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

You are most welcome. I am happy that everything is working for you now.

0 Likes