JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings:: connecting a new device

(Topic created: 11-20-2022 07:56 AM)
angology00
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Trying to connect new Samsung dryer to SmartThings... going through all the steps... when entering the wifi password, no characters show as I type. I tried entering in another place to copy then paste. It didn't accept that either. If i choose to "show password" I'm alerted that the maximum characters has been reached (before entering any characters)... I enter the password blindly then choose connect. It moves on to "being registered to your Samsung account". Then the alert that something went wrong. Try again. 
This is an issue in the app. How can I move past it and get the dryer connected?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
angology00
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I ended up using an old phone. It hadn't been updated. With the older version of smart things I was able to add the dryer to my wifi. Once connected, it added itself to the app on my current phone.
Must be a glitch in the latest update. Very frustrating!!

View solution in context

7 Replies
AlliSS
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I gave up
0 Likes
guapa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support
Their should be a sticker on front end dyer with scan code that's what I used it was east to set up
0 Likes
angology00
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
That wasn't the issue. I can get there any of the 3 ways.... QR code (sticker on the front), scan for device, or manually enter. The issue is when the dryer tries to connect to the wifi network. The SmartThings app isn't accepting any characters for the passcode.
Zanetta
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I want to connect my smart tv to my smartphone
0 Likes
Dminter
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I am having this same issue trying to connect my washer. My washer has a recall. Recall says washer software needs to be updated because it can cause the washer to short circuit and start a fire. If I can't get the smart things app to let me enter the wifi passcode, there is a risk that my washer, that I purchased April 2022, will catch fire. Can't find solutions for this problem.
0 Likes
Solution
angology00
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I ended up using an old phone. It hadn't been updated. With the older version of smart things I was able to add the dryer to my wifi. Once connected, it added itself to the app on my current phone.
Must be a glitch in the latest update. Very frustrating!!
Dminter
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Thank you! I will try using my old phone.
0 Likes