JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smartthings/ADT security hub has wrong date and time

(Topic created on: 4/1/19 10:08 PM)
RichardBeck
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I recently installed (last week) the ADT/Smartthings security hub. The install was great and it was a breeze to install. However, the date and time are wrong on the touch panel and I cannot find where to change it. Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks

9 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

We are sorry to hear that the date and time are incorrect. Please call 800-726-7864 and select SmartThings from the menu for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userKC5pFce6DJ
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Was there a fix for this? I have the same issue.

0 Likes
RichardBeck
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Yes. I forgot to post the solution. :( You will need the classic app.

1. Open the classic app
  2. Tap the Hamburger menu in the top left
  3. Tap the settings/gear icon
  4. Make sure its the home location
  5. Using the map move your location icon to somewhere in a different time zone.
  6. Save
  7. Go back into the Settings for home
  8. Use the map to move your icon back to your home location
  9. Save

Your hub should update in a few minutes. I had to do it twice to get it to work.

userdDyXGbAKin
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

This can be fixed with the new app too.  Just edit your home location to a different city  in another time zone and back again. I tried using the old app, but couldn’t get my hub to pair, I think since it was already paired with the new app.

user2gJdCxinGl
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you very much for posting the solution.  It worked immediately for me.

(PS: don't call ADT support...they will claim (falsely) that you're required to sign up for monitoring before they can help you)

0 Likes
QuaDen
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Wow, I can't believe Samsung is railroading their own customers into this dirty road asking customers to call for support on this simple task (suggested several times by moderator).  Something fishy is going on.

How about just post up a simple ANSWER or instructions set.  I spent the last 60 minutes to just try to fix this little problem.   

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

@userViGEVkHjGT Hey, have you tried these troubleshooting steps yet?

1. Open the classic app
  2. Tap the Hamburger menu in the top left
  3. Tap the settings/gear icon
  4. Make sure its the home location
  5. Using the map move your location icon to somewhere in a different time zone.
  6. Save
  7. Go back into the Settings for home
  8. Use the map to move your icon back to your home location
  9. Save

Please let us know if this works for you 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user6T0148vLCX
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Awesome and thank you this was the absolute fix. This should be in the set up or trouble shooting in the book.

0 Likes
Solution
usernh4OmHBnYh
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

@RichardBeck wrote:

I recently installed (last week) the ADT/Smartthings security hub. The install was great and it was a breeze to install. However, the date and time are wrong on the touch panel and I cannot find where to change it. Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks

Using the new app:

1. Go to your home account

2. Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner

3. Choose "Manage My Home" on the white pop-up at the bottom of your screen

4. Touch whatever address is in the field:  "GEOLOCATION"

5. A map of the location will appear.  You can reduce the map and then drag the map to a different time zone (the blue locator will stay in the center of your screen).  

6. Hit "Save" in upper right corner.  The screen will change to "Manage My Home"

7. Hit  "Save" in the upper right corner.  A popup will say that you have changed your location settings.

8. Repeat Steps 1-7 and when you do step 5, change your location BACK to where you home location is.  Voila....     Time zone should be correct on your hub and it will also display the proper weather conditions.  

On a side note:  I don't know why someone at Samsung could not post these directions.  It took me more than an hour to figure it out... even following the instructions here and downloading the classic app which you don't need to do!!!   The only reason I can think of is that they want you to call so they can upsell you monitoring services.  Many of us have just joined the ST community from IRIS,  which as of today is now dead.  How disappointing to move to a new system to find that the SIMPLEST task of changing time zones is made so complicated with no instruction at all.  It does not give me a good feeling for how the rest of the setup is going to go and what to expect in customer support when something goes wrong.

View solution in context