cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Smartthings WiFi hub crashes every few days

Add me to the list.  At least once a day, sometimes twice, my internet drops and Smartthings isn't smart enough to recognize it and go back on line.  I am slowly convering my house to a Smart Home and have Ring Cameras and numersou lights/switches, robovac set up.  If Smartthings continues I'll be looking for a Smart Home Mesh that I can rely on. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

@userdZWqWy1xmK wrote:

Add me to the list.  At least once a day, sometimes twice, my internet drops and Smartthings isn't smart enough to recognize it and go back on line.  I am slowly convering my house to a Smart Home and have Ring Cameras and numersou lights/switches, robovac set up.  If Smartthings continues I'll be looking for a Smart Home Mesh that I can rely on. 

To be fair, if it is the same issue as mine it is not a SmartThings/Samsung issue.  The hard ware is working fine.   The problem is that Samsung partnered with Plume to handle the software/firmware which is where the issue is. Plume’s business model from their own hardware is based off of a subscription and Samsung has their software without a subscription so Plume isn’t exactly quick to provide support.

Highlighted
Constellation

I was having this same problem, but the issue was being triggered by the fact that I had 2 networks running off the same ATT Router/Modem. Basically I had both Google Wifi (as a backup) and SmartThings wifi as my main network.

Network was going down at least once a week.

I've since unplugged my Google Wifi and have had no issues for the last 2 months. Folks using their Router/Modem's internal wifi as well as SmartThings Wifi may want to disable that network so that SmartThings Wifi has a clean sheet with no IP conflicts, etc.

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine was solid red and now no liught at all...haven't had it for more than a couple months never had any issues Hub V3

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks. I purchased the three hub mesh network and was working fine until recently during the lockdown. Worst time to go down. And same issues as above .In any case, had to buy another router and didnt havemuch luck from Samsung support. Will try the workaround of using a second router. Given this doesnt seem to be a hardware issue, did Plume support manage the firmware upgrade?

Highlighted
Asteroid

No, This issue has not been fixed.  I reported the issue  over a year ago and they have not addressed it.  I still have to have another router in between the modem and SmartThings WiFi.  My honest opinion is to not buy the SmartThings WiFi and if you have return it if you can.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Been dealing with the same issue as everyone else. Constantly crashes. I have 30 smart home devices and often things don't trigger because the mesh wifi is down again. Samsung I've had this system less than a year where are your responses?

Highlighted
Asteroid

It's an issue with the Plume software rather than Samsung.  I reported the issue and worked with them over the phone for a couple days.  That was two years ago, so Plume is aware of the issue but my guess is since they're business model is subscription based for all other products, they've stopped supporting the SmartThings line.  My advice is get a new router. 

the final straw for me was when my wifi went down because of an issue on THEIR servers and my internet was otherwise just fine.