JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to locate phone using Smart Tag

(Topic created: 01-29-2021 12:52 AM)
owlsomedanny
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the Galaxy S21 + but can't seem to figure out how to make the Smart Tag find my phone when I double tap the Smart Tag. I can do the opposite and find the tag but not the phone. Is this only a feature with the Ultra? Any suggestions? I've looked through all the settings. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
owlsomedanny
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
For some odd reason I tried again yesterday and updated the app smart things and the smart tag. Then the new options showed up. I made sure all the setting were turned on. So I guess they are rolling out updates on the various versions.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Smart Home Support

I think thats all you can do is locate that tag on your phone

0 Likes
Leomoon87
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

the qr code that is lumped in with all the barcodes on the back of the box will take you the app smartthings

0 Likes
usersGCGlshmII
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I am trying to use it to find my phone too and seen it advertised that it can find a phone.  When I scan the QR code is uses SmartThings to set it up.  There are no options I see on there to Find my phone.  I tried updating the app too.  I saw a video that should show these options, but I wonder if the app keep getting updated.  Has anyone been able to use it to find their phone?

Solution
owlsomedanny
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
For some odd reason I tried again yesterday and updated the app smart things and the smart tag. Then the new options showed up. I made sure all the setting were turned on. So I guess they are rolling out updates on the various versions.
bossjaymac
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
same problem here. the only time that it will alert my phone is when you open the smart things app. i wonder if it can alert you even you're not in the app
0 Likes