JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Updating web browser on 2010 Samsung smart tv

(Topic created: 04-22-2021 11:10 AM)
pmasse13
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

How do I update the web browser on my 2010 Samsung smart tv?  I’ve tried everything I could think of and nothing works.

thank you 

phil

9 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

I would be happy to look into this.  Could you provide the model of the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
pmasse13
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Certainly... the model is: un32j4500af

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

If you've tried resetting smart hub and making sure that everything is up to date on the television, there's nothing further you would be able to do to potentially update the browser.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
pmasse13
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

How do I reset the smart hub ? Thank you.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

Smart Hub > Smart Hub Reset > Reset Smart Hub.  Afterwards, enter your pin (it's usually 0000) and it should be reset.  

pmasse13
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Ok, I got smarthub working again. Still can’t get YouTube to work in web browser.  So, what’s next ???

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Unfortunately, after additional research, YouTube is no longer supporting the software platform in your television browser.

0 Likes
pmasse13
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

How about Facebook ?  Why can't I update the web browser ???

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

The last update for this model was in 2016. There are no other browsers available for this model.

0 Likes