cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpJZxvGI02z
Constellation

Washer and Dryer w/ SMART Home connect only for a minute, then disconnect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've done this many times now.  I'm connecting to my home network, same network that several dozens of devices are working on.  Both the washer and the dryer will connect and show ready immediately after configuration.  I can control them for about a minute, then they go 'disconnected' and stay disconnected.

I'm watching my network and no other devices are complaining.  Any ideas?  Can I get any status info or troubleshooting info from the washer or dryer to try to see what's happening?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userpJZxvGI02z
Constellation

Re: Washer and Dryer w/ SMART Home connect only for a minute, then disconnect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out!  It is supposed to work that way.

You need to press the smart home button for 3 seconds (not 6).  It will turn on the remote control ability on the machine - your phone will reflect that.  Would have been so simple for the app to tell you this, or for the instruction manual to tell you this, but no, I spent 2 hours messing with it.

Anyway, after the load finishes, the smart home control turns off automatically, so I guess you have to set it any and every time you want to manage the cycle with your phone.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
uservUe71k1b3M
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here! It seems that the app is released without even testing!!! 

Samsung, fix it! This is a painful experience.

userpJZxvGI02z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out!  It is supposed to work that way.

You need to press the smart home button for 3 seconds (not 6).  It will turn on the remote control ability on the machine - your phone will reflect that.  Would have been so simple for the app to tell you this, or for the instruction manual to tell you this, but no, I spent 2 hours messing with it.

Anyway, after the load finishes, the smart home control turns off automatically, so I guess you have to set it any and every time you want to manage the cycle with your phone.

View solution in original post

LC in Kansas
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can we make the smart control not shut off.   It's annoying to have to restart it every load. And I'm getting a notification that the load is done and that the smart control has changed.   That's just dumb.   I don't need two notifications for every load.  

Highlighted
userFW2LZbeWj2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would highly recommend Samsung at least allow the remote control features remain on once it has been activated and not have to be reactivated prior to every use.

This may be a safety feature, so I understand why it should disconnect the washer or dryer after a cycle but having to reactivate after every use is unacceptable. If I physically power on the washer or dryer the smart home feature should be reactivated.

Onelight
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am frustrated by the same auto disconnect feature. Is a fix being considered or not possible due to safety feature?

bandidom9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. This annoys me big time. I would like to always have connection

userPugNUZZzhG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Amen! Pay alll that money for automation and have to manually set the automation feature each time.
《《《 Face Palm! 》》¡
user2COTjQNrag
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is extremely annoying.  The smart control should automatically be on everytime I turn the washer/dryer on after I set up up.  There should at least be an option to set it to auto on or auto disable.

useraZZet3UNGZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have been using this for over a year on multiple devices and never had to use the button after the initial setup. Then last month that changed. It stopped working all together. Tried reinstalling the app , re-adding the washer & dryer it would connect then fail. Last night I read this post and tried it again on her phone. Turned on the machine pushed the button and had the same problem. Then I decided to try holding the button for 3 seconds after the cyle was started and that worked.  I also started reciving notifications again and have made no changes to my phone.