JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washer and Dryer w/ SMART Home connect only for a minute, then disconnect

(Topic created: 02-02-2017 01:17 PM)
userpJZxvGI02z
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I've done this many times now.  I'm connecting to my home network, same network that several dozens of devices are working on.  Both the washer and the dryer will connect and show ready immediately after configuration.  I can control them for about a minute, then they go 'disconnected' and stay disconnected.

I'm watching my network and no other devices are complaining.  Any ideas?  Can I get any status info or troubleshooting info from the washer or dryer to try to see what's happening?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userIKJsKuWZhq
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Still a problem from 2017. I completely agree this needs to be fixed in the next software update. Even as controls go the app is horrible for both the washer and dryer

userTfGDa4wrSm
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Mine does it after its already connected and I push the smart button. So NO you didnt figure it out!

userzS71iXHyhc
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

@SamsungFamilyHub It'd be most useful from the consumer's end to negate the need to "press and hold" the SmartControl button in order for the SmartThings app (Samsung Fridge/phone) to integrate and begin functionality. Otherwise the UI value stream is unimpactes with this feature. Please fix!

0 Likes
user3U6jTu1gyV
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

This is not solved. The "Smart Control" functionality should not require for you to press a button everytime you want to use it; once connected to the phone this should be a persistent. It would be like having to press a button on your TV every time you wnat to use the remote control!!??
If i had know this "Smart" feature worked so poorly in practice, i would have purchased the "Non-Smart Control" version instead.

I am a fan of Samsung products, but you only get a generous 1 *star for this. Samsung, please fix, looking at this thread you have had 3 to do so!

SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I recommend that you call in and talk to our Smart things department 866-813-2404

0 Likes
user2COTjQNrag
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

This is extremely annoying.  The smart control should automatically be on everytime I turn the washer/dryer on after I set up up.  There should at least be an option to set it to auto on or auto disable.

useraZZet3UNGZ
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

We have been using this for over a year on multiple devices and never had to use the button after the initial setup. Then last month that changed. It stopped working all together. Tried reinstalling the app , re-adding the washer & dryer it would connect then fail. Last night I read this post and tried it again on her phone. Turned on the machine pushed the button and had the same problem. Then I decided to try holding the button for 3 seconds after the cyle was started and that worked.  I also started reciving notifications again and have made no changes to my phone.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Smart Home Support

We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPugNUZZzhG
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I contend that you did not read all the threads or I missed something.   No one is "up and running".  We are all complaining about having to set the smart connect every time the cycle finishes and the washer or dryer auto shuts off.   What good is an on option in smart things if it's always disconnected after a cycle finishes?  That's what we want to know.  

userDZzGSAjVEz
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

All, can somone confirm that this is a desired feature or due to some regulation. This makes the smart features of the appliance very finicky. I do not understand why we can't override the smart control to start on it's own every time the washer and dryer are turned on?