Original topic:

smart tag

(Topic created: 01-28-2021 01:56 PM)
K4mikz3
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support
Does  any one have problem with the smart tag received from samsung with the preorder of the Samsung s21 ultra?. I tried everything  that I could find and see even in the app and even replaced the battery. It will not give any signs of life. Was I unlucky and got a DOA? Any tips to get it connected  are welcomed. Thank you 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Smart Home Support

Unfortunately yes, the Smart Tag is region specific and will only work with the devices designed to work in the same area of support. US to US, UK to UK, and so-on. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

8 Replies
cD0wn
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Same. No idea what is going on here.
0 Likes
cD0wn
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I wonder if it has anything to do with my samsung account region. 🤔
0 Likes
K4mikz3
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support
they must be defective, I don't have any other explanation for this issue
0 Likes
cD0wn
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I just tried a US account and it works perfectly well.
0 Likes
userBCgrnvsBYS
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I also can't connect it 😕

My friend tried to link it to his Note 20 and it works, on my S21 ultra it's not.

I also thought it could be something with the region of my account but I'm not sure, even my friend has a different region. 

I hope someone can help with it 

0 Likes
K4mikz3
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support
I'm in the US and I have that problem so I'm not sure. I will probably call support on Monday and try to find out
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Smart Home Support

Unfortunately yes, the Smart Tag is region specific and will only work with the devices designed to work in the same area of support. US to US, UK to UK, and so-on. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usermjvSC9wKx1
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Hello people.
I have a similar problem on the Note 10+ on 2 smart tags purchased through ebay.
One from the US and the other from the French market while on the 2017 SM-A520F
they work without any problems.
On the Note 10+ Smart things application recognizes the Smart tag and starts connecting to it.
It asks to press the button on the tag and connect to it, but after that it does not display the smart tag in the smart things application,it can only be seen that it is connected in the smart things find, but that it is offline, the smart tag setting cannot be accessed.
What's worse is that the smart tag can't be deleted from the current account and linked to a different account on another phone.
The only solution I've found is to delete Home in the smart tings application on the first device, which results in deleting all other settings on that account, so all devices must be installed from scratch.
When connecting to the 2017 A5, the software on the smart tag is updated so that in my opinion the problem is not with the software or hardware on the Smart tag, but with the operating system on the phone.

Galaxy Note10+ SM-N975F/DS
One UI version 3.1
Android 11

0 Likes