cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

smart view won´t work after update

Hello,

I have a samsung smart tv series 4 and a galaxy tab a (model SM-P555MZAPZTO). They used to connect just fine and worked really well.

I don´t know the reason, but suspect that since the smart things app update, the screen mirroing app (smart view) sttoped working. The tablet finds the tv but fail immedatily after it connects.

I already tried to reset to factory settings both devices and nothing. I tried the wifi direct connection, but still doesn´t work.

Does anyone knows a solution?

I bought the devices from the same brand exactly to avoid this kind of compatibility issue. It is very frustrating. Is this a case of scheduled obsolescence?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: smart view won´t work after update

Found a solution in a different thread that worked. Clear both cache and data of smart view app. And restart it after. Hopefully works for u.  Can now mirror again note9 with sony smart tv. Good luck

Highlighted
Asteroid

I will try it RN. thank you for your kind help.

Highlighted
Constellation

Why don't you just use Smart Things it's way better anyways?

Highlighted
Asteroid

because it is not working  as well. When i bought the tablet, this function was called smart view thats why i made that refference.

thanks anyway.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

well, i did not receive any answers on the other foruns, so i thought of triying on this one.

thanks anyway