cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RedBlock
Asteroid

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware in the Samsung POWERbot R7010 vacuum?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since this Vacuum do not have Wifi, so is it possible to upgrade the Vaccum firmware?   In case Samsung made improvement to this Vaccum in the future with newer, better firmware.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Is it possible to upgrade the firmware in the Samsung POWERbot R7010 vacuum?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is, on units that do not connect to wi-fi any firmware can be updated over USB when available. Currently there are no updates available for the VR1AM7010U though. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Is it possible to upgrade the firmware in the Samsung POWERbot R7010 vacuum?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is, on units that do not connect to wi-fi any firmware can be updated over USB when available. Currently there are no updates available for the VR1AM7010U though. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

RedBlock
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply.  I end up bought it without waiting for your reply but it is good to know it is possible to do so.  To be honest, wifi and remote is nice to have, but this model cost less than the one with wifi.  And I believe once everything is set and it is scheduled to start vacuum at a certain time, I do not think I will need to use the wifi nor remote much.  So the only main advantage is the firmware update as it can improve the performace of the unit.   But now, I am covered.

Thanks again for your information.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that we could be of assistance.  

RedBlock
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Side Note:

@SamsungColeWe have SugarGliders at our home as well.  Now the Samsung Powerbot charging dock is place near the 4 big SugarGlider cages.  So the Powerbot is now doing all the dirty work of cleaning up the mess the gliders create. (even under the cages)!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awh! They're such fun animals, and so loving when bonded. I have thought of getting a robo-vac for this very reason! But since I have hardwood floors, my spouse makes me suck it up and use a broom/mop lol. 

user5xj39c6Qil
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Where can I check for firmware updates..? I can’t seem to find them anywhere.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can find them on the support page for your model.