cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kchai007
Asteroid

PowerBot - how to look up mac address?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can I locate the MAC address for my powerbot?  I need to add Powerbot's into my wifi router. The SmartHome app does not show MAC address of powerBot.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kchai007
Asteroid

Re: PowerBot - how to look up mac address?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to turn off MAC address filtering and enable SSID broadcasting on WiFi router in order to connect PowerBot.

Once connected, MAC address can be captured.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! May I please have you verify the Powerbot's complete model code? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

kchai007
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model is VR2AJ9040WG/AA

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. You will not be able to pull this information up. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

kchai007
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need to turn off MAC address filtering and enable SSID broadcasting on WiFi router in order to connect PowerBot.

Once connected, MAC address can be captured.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We certainly understand, unfortunately this model does not have an accessible menu where this information can be pulled from. Due to this you will not be able to access the MAC address. We're sorry for the inconvenience. You may be able to speak with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for other possible methods of completing the desired setup. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MickM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too need to find the MAC ID for my new powerbot wifi. If I had known it was impossible to attach this thing to my wireless router I would have bought a non-wifi model.  Attention prospective buyers, Do NOT get the wifi model, it does NOT work yet.  Maybe someday they will release some firmware that allows it to attach to a wireless router using mac address filtering.

WE NEED THE MAC ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE

CTR-Alt-Delete
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not exactly true @MickM. True that there is no menu option, but every network-enabled device has a MAC address. Samsung should at least print it on the bottom label. If you create an SSID with no security, filtering or anything of that nature, and connect to it with any Samsung BOT, you will see the PowerBot and it's MAC and IP address in your DHCP list or using NMAP or something.

You can then do what you please the information, such use filtering or add it to a group, assign it a special IP address or to a special subnet, or in my case, I give all the WiFi enabled appliances a limited amount of bandwidth and assign it to my appliances group with-in a narrow subnet.

I hope that this helps those who have one or are thinking about getting one.

MickM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MY ISP HAS NO CONTROL OVER YOUR MAC ADDRESS!  YOU NEED TO SUPPLY YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH A NEW FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD SO WE CAN VIEW THE MAC IDTHAT IS EMBEDDED IN THE DEVICE.

EVERY WIRELESS DEVICE HAS TO HAVE A MAC ID, WHY WON'T YOU LET US SEE IT??????  WHY SHOULD WE CHANGE EVERYTHING IN OUR NETWORK TO ACCESS YOUR SCREWED-UP POWERBOT VACUUM? 

userhfAIuUWfMH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Which model does provide access?