Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userOnIQ2ddjd9
Constellation

Powerbot 7040 making awful noise with brush

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have a Samsung Powerbot R7040 VR1AM7040WG/AA. Recently the machine started making an awful grinding noise when trying to vacuum. I normally keep the brush pretty clean, but I decided to replace the roll brush. Still making the sound.

I took the unit apart and cleaned out all the dog hair on the inside. I also took apart the brush motor and cleaned it out, it was very full. 

When I run the unit with a roller brush, it makes an awful noise, I am not so certain the brush is even spinning. When I take the brush out, the noise is mostly gone. I did notice a flat spot on the brush belt - probably 2-3 teeth are no longer there.

Is it safe to assume that I burned out the brush motor? 

Can anyone provide me a p/n for the brush motor?

I found a 7010 brush motor on ebay for sale, and it looks to be the same as what I have. Are the 7010 and 7040 motors the same?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Powerbot 7040 making awful noise with brush

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are looking for parts for your device, you can visit Samsungparts.com or you can call 1.800.627.4368.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Powerbot 7040 making awful noise with brush

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are looking for parts for your device, you can visit Samsungparts.com or you can call 1.800.627.4368.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.