cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hypnospastic
Asteroid

Re: Powerbot Noise/rattle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having this same problem with my 9010  that is just shy of 2 years old. Horribly loud rattle on carpet and hardwoods. It's been thoroughly cleaned and pretty well maintained.  Suction seems to still be going strong but I hate using the thing because it is so darn LOUD.

Model #: SRAJ9001U

Model Code: VR2AJ9010UG/AA

There is also another sticker on the bottom that was on the new unit that Samsung sent back after a warranty claim, WGC2876 8/10/2016 YES. No idea what that means though...

Thanks in advance!

userobzfiWIgIj
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Another source of noise is build up of a hard dirt deposit on the brush guard surface which needs to be scraped off. The brush blades can slap against this material making noise.

The drive gear on the brush motor end fits through a wide hole in the plastic which I suggest can be lubricated with silicon grease when the gear rattles in that fitting.
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this noise occur on all surfaces? 

hypnospastic
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungMichelle - Yes. It happens on both carpet and hardwoods. It is obviously quieter on carpeting however it is still horrible to listen to.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to confirm, if you run it for a second without the rotating brush connected does the sound still happen?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

hypnospastic
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungCole,

I removed the rotating brush and the noise is gone.  Put it back in and the noise is back.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hypnospastic, unfortunately, this will require service. Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number if you would like to get set up: Link

hypnospastic
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Long story short, I applied some silicone lubricant to the square where the rotating bar sits and the round part on the other end and the sound vanished. I ran the device and it remained quiet for about 30 minutes and returned. I am going to replace the bar and see what happens.

userxwCC6UNWtl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with the loud rattling noise and the unit will be 2 years old in August.  Did you replace the brush/bar yet to see if the noise stops?  I would like to get a new brush, as well, if that solved the problem.   Thank-you.

hypnospastic
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven't replaced the bar yet because I think it's still in good condition. What I did do was wrap Teflon tape around the square at the end if the bar and then reinstalled it in the vacuum. The machine is just as quiet as when I bought it. It is a lot more cost effective to do this than replace the brush.  By the way, the brush can be found in Amazon for roughly $30. Samsung quoted me $79.