cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userepFjeR1cZe
Constellation

Re: Powerbot Noise/rattle

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply! Duh:-) I've decided to go buy a new one on Amazon. if it blows itself out in a few weeks like my current one, I'll be calling Samsung. Happy New Year!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're welcome. Happy New Year to you as well!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userZjbywbvfmH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. 

I was reading the thread abolut the issue with noise/rattle of powerbots.   Have the same issue -- about a month ago powerbot started to make very loud noise. I though it iwas an old brush -- reaplaced it. Still the same.  

When without brush -- no noise. Hardwood/carpet -- no difference -- noise is present.  

Please, advice.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZjbywbvfmH, may I have the model number of the device? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userZjbywbvfmH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: SR1AM7040WG

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you already tried emptying the vacuum's canister and cleaning the filter inside? 

userZjbywbvfmH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, cleaned out completely.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZjbywbvfmH, Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

usermSPpu0HUK4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just sent my powerbot r7070 in under warranty.  I was having the loud rattling issue.  They replaced the following parts:

1. DJ97-02486B  Assy Case Drum

2. DJ97-02508A Assy Drum Brush

My vacuum was returned today and is now quieter than when I bought it it seems.  But both of these parts are fairly expensive.  So I hope that they arent just parts that will need replaced on a regular basis.  I run my vacuum every day at 9 A.M.   Because it was under warranty they were replaced for free.  I looked up the parts on Google and together they would have cost me around 150 bucks.  I hope this helps anyone who has the loud rattling issue.

userHpheRUqJLm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine started makng a terrible noise, so I opened it up and took a look around.  It turns out the bushing on the electric motor failed, so the motor wasn't spinning properly.  This was causing the belt to rub and make the noise.  My vacuum is three years old.  I purchased a used motor and replaced the broken one.  No more noise.