cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermijHCPld2d
Constellation

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hello, I just got my powerbot a couple days ago and have been browsing through this text stream to find out how I can get my mapping to work. I have found the same things out that the previous messages have said. and I do see that you have to have Samsung connect for this to work and not Samsung home but our problem is that it was pictured on the box for this device to work with the mapping system and it's not regardless of what system we have to use. will there be an update for Samsung connect to have mapping built in?
Sakit2me
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have the same Powerbot and essentially the same issue. It does provide the map in the history section of the Samsung Connect app, but only on occasion. The vacuum does run on a daily schedule but I can't seem to figure out when/why if provides the map output and when/why it wont. I thought this was related to times an error was detected thinking maybe it wouldnt map that but there are times when there is no interruption in reporting that still yields no report. 

user2WF7Hp98GR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am awaiting the Mapping support shown the in the Smart Home app. Prior to purchase I downloaded the Smart Home app and took the 'tour' to see the features available, including the various maps and the ability to select different map sections, etc.  When setting up the robot, Smart Home tells me that I must now use Samsung Connect, instead.  And now Samsung is sating that advertised features are not supported in the 'new' app.  I expected much more from Samsung than bait and switch of it's advertised feature sets.

Highlighted
userTC4FW4ecQ5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same experience with R7070.  Connect app does not report if the vac doesnt complete and return to doc successfully.  And after a dozen runs, its only successfully completed ONCE in my home.  Gets lost, rams into anything black, rams into dark kitchen cabinets, dies trying to find base, etc. 

And the one map it did provide was complete nonsense.  Couple dozen path lines after 90 minutes of cleaning.  Right.  I think Samsung is simply scrambling to push some half-baked image out to the app so they dont get sued by a bunch of consumers for false advertising.  There is no map of house, or selecting rooms, or virtual barriers as represented in Smart Home.  Total FALSE ADVERTISING scam.  DISAPPOINTING.

usera5FrSEi0Cl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My case was similar, it runs a lot of times, but only once it showed DONE or Finish I don't remember, that was the only time that it created the map, after that when the battery is low goes to the dock but it looks like it lose the "Resumption" and start from scratch that's why it never creates the map.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can check the information on creating your floor plan at this link. These are some things to keep in ming when creating a floor plan:

• Creating a new floorplan must start from the charger.
  • Floorplans cannot be altered or deleted.
  • The floorplan can take a long time to create, up to 2-3 hours. If interrupted, for instance due to getting stuck or tangled up in wires, the floorplan creation will need to be restarted from the charger. It is not recommended to start creating the floorplan on a low battery.
  • The floorplan, including how the area is broken up into rooms, is created entirely by the vacuum and is not customizable.
  • The floorplan will consider part of the area as a separate room if there is only one opening to that area and that opening is less than 90 centimeters wide. Boundary markers can be used to narrow the opening to under 90 centimeters.
  • The floorplan's shape may not match the walls (because of extra objects that are in the vacuum's way.) Objects in the vacuum's way will display as walls on the floorplan.
  • The floorplan's shape may not match the walkable space (because of objects the vacuum can go beneath). Objects the vacuum can go under will display as open space on the floorplan.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLou

The issue is that this model is advertised as having a Coverage Map Report and it does not.

I have done a lot of research on these and the Floor Plan Mapping is not the same as the Coverage Map Report.

The floor plan mapping saves the floor plan of the rooms and uses it to navigate every time.

The coverage map shows a map of the cleaned areas once the cleaning cycle is complete. This resets after every cycle and starts from scratch each time.

I could have saved a lot of money had I not wasted it on this false advertisement. If I would have known that the Coverage Map Report was Bull, I would have bought a robo vac from another manufacturer.

Anyone interested in buying a pre-owned Powerbot R7040? I have one for sale. It includes a coverage map report after each cleaning cycle, can clean your stairs, and can fly.

(I was going to put an asterisk saying that these features may not be real but if Samsung can get away without it, I figured I could too.)

usercfILyxnZS9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This info is not usefull, the vacuum box said tha it has a Coverage Map Report and it does not.

It's only works when you select and specific area, but thats not usefull, it must work always!!!... I have scheduled to clean each day when i left my home... and i dont have any idea , what it does when im not in home
schnee
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLou The information you provided is refering to the old application which is not compatible with the current SmartThings app from samsung. Is there any team which can be contacted to provide real information on the mapping feature?

Currenty my 7040 randomly cleans areas sometime 2-3 times while leaving other areas untouched.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From what I have gathered, the mapping feature is not compatible with the newer SmartThings app (Samsung Connect).

The mapping feature is compatible with the old SmartThings app BUT the R7040 is NOT compatible with the old app.

The issue is that the retail box clearly shows in the upper right corner (see my first post picture) that the Powerbot should be connected using the new Samsung app (Samsung Connect). It also clearly shows that it includes a mapping feature (the retail box shows a screenshot of a phone with the app open and a map of the area)

TLDR:

Samsung falsely claims on the retail box that the R7040 has a mapping feature.

It does not and never will.

Samsung's response was that the mapping was a feature and features are subject to change.

LMFAO