cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been busy at work but I'm not ok with this and I'm not ready to let this go.

Samsung has not provided us with a solution and it doesn't seem like they are going to. I am still waiting for a solution from Samsung!

We are getting nowhere in this forum and I have received less from phone calls.

Samsung, do you have a solution?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time you'll need to use the Samsung Connect app. There is no mapping option.  It does the mapping and stores it internally.  Once it finishes vacuuming, you can see the map by checking the history.  In Device control, you can either swipe down from the top and pick history or in the touch menu in the top right, select history. We have asked them to update this to how the Smart Home app uses mapping so that it can be seen prior to and currently there is no information on when/if this will be added. Very sorry for any inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNBkhgeriYg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, but this answer does not help as many of us have been trying to tell you the map just isn't there! 

I bought the r7070 because of the mapping feature it showed on the box and the sales rep at bestbuy telling me how much better is was compared to the competitor i originally went in to buy. 

I'm disappointed that this feature doesn't work, plus I'm finding the vacuum only runs 35 minutes at a time before it has to recharge, not the 75 minutes that's advertised either! 

I guess between the false advertising and bad customer support, I'm better off with the competitor! 

userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with the R7090. I thought I'd get a Coverage Map Report as advertised but am now being told that's not the case. I've watched videos on YouTube of others using the feature, it existed before the switch to SmartThings as the app for these.

userANqBdXToOj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
For an expensive machine, the Samsung robotic vacuum is awful. Beware... DO NOT PURCHASE.. They repaired twice and with the time wasted back and forth I CAN NO LONGER RETURN THE ITEM TO THE STORE. DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The package says the "Control Screen" is subject to change, but that's just an interface and not approval for Samsung to take away features that we considered when selecting a product. 

This seems like a good candidate for a class action.

userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After 6 runs, I finally got a mapping report from the R7090. It looks like the report is just not consistent on when you get one.

userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not 100% certain yet, I just got the vaccum yesterday, but I think I have an answer for my situation at least. The vaccum has to be able to complete an entire cycle without interruption. If it returns to the base to charge it has to be allowed to complete charging and resume however many times it takes before it reports that cleaninig is complete. Once that says it's complete, without interruption, it will provide the map.

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userLTMdn8Bdj2wrote:

I'm not 100% certain yet, I just got the vaccum yesterday, but I think I have an answer for my situation at least. The vaccum has to be able to complete an entire cycle without interruption. If it returns to the base to charge it has to be allowed to complete charging and resume however many times it takes before it reports that cleaninig is complete. Once that says it's complete, without interruption, it will provide the map.

This is not the case for me. Mine will return to recharge twice before the final docking without any interruptions and I don't get a map.

Highlighted
apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userLTMdn8Bdj2wrote:

This seems like a good candidate for a class action.

I agree. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but since Samsung is showing no signs of communication to address the problem I think that is going to have to happen. It seems like it will be easier to show this information to the FTC to get action than it has been dealing with Samsung.