cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly features are always subject to change without prior notification, due to this we cannot compensate/reimburse for lost or changed features. As far as the update goes that may or may not add this, we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is the wrong answer.

So you are telling me that you could turn off the mapping feature or scheduling feature or the edge cleaning feature or the VACUUMING FEATURE and we are just SOL because "features are always subject to change without prior notification"?

So I could eventually end up with a PowerBot that just drives around my house doing nothing but knocking stuff over and I'm just supposed to say "oh well, that's just Samsung removing features".

What if my Samsung Galaxy S8 suddenly didn't call people anymore? It's advertised as having that feature but unfortunately, that is subject to change as well.

I have a lot invested in the Samsung ecosystem and I had planned to continue adding and upgrading with more Samsung products but if Samsung is selling products that never actually do what they advertise they do then I am not a supporter of Samsung.

I will throw out ALL of my Samsung products and invest in an ecosystem and company that does not disrespect it's customers with false advertisements and blame it on "features are always subject to change without prior notification". There are plenty of other options for all of my devices.

For anyone reading this:

They have not yet reached out to me privately or tried to make this right.I did call in to the support team and the answer I got was:

Take the Powerbot back to Best Buy and they will exchange it for another one that supports the mapping feature. He also didn't believe me that it was advertised on the box until he pulled up an image of the box on his computer.

userdE9DXtGs6x
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When a consumer spends almost $600 on a vacuum they expect it to perform as it is advertised.  If I wanted to micromanage my robot vacuum I would buy another brand's model at one third the price.

If Samsung's attitude is going to be "buyer beware," and remove key product features on a whim, then that's their prerogative.  Customers such as myself will find better companies in which to place our loyalty.

userFERGIE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So why did this topic shut down. I am still getting no mapping in my history for my r7040 vacuum. Where is out product support? Can we return these vacuums and get a refund or at least a credit towards machines that operate as advertised?

All Samsung has to do is to dedicate on or two programmers for probably a week on this issue to get it to work!

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been busy at work but I'm not ok with this and I'm not ready to let this go.

Samsung has not provided us with a solution and it doesn't seem like they are going to. I am still waiting for a solution from Samsung!

We are getting nowhere in this forum and I have received less from phone calls.

Samsung, do you have a solution?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time you'll need to use the Samsung Connect app. There is no mapping option.  It does the mapping and stores it internally.  Once it finishes vacuuming, you can see the map by checking the history.  In Device control, you can either swipe down from the top and pick history or in the touch menu in the top right, select history. We have asked them to update this to how the Smart Home app uses mapping so that it can be seen prior to and currently there is no information on when/if this will be added. Very sorry for any inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userNBkhgeriYg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, but this answer does not help as many of us have been trying to tell you the map just isn't there! 

I bought the r7070 because of the mapping feature it showed on the box and the sales rep at bestbuy telling me how much better is was compared to the competitor i originally went in to buy. 

I'm disappointed that this feature doesn't work, plus I'm finding the vacuum only runs 35 minutes at a time before it has to recharge, not the 75 minutes that's advertised either! 

I guess between the false advertising and bad customer support, I'm better off with the competitor! 

userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with the R7090. I thought I'd get a Coverage Map Report as advertised but am now being told that's not the case. I've watched videos on YouTube of others using the feature, it existed before the switch to SmartThings as the app for these.

Highlighted
userANqBdXToOj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
For an expensive machine, the Samsung robotic vacuum is awful. Beware... DO NOT PURCHASE.. They repaired twice and with the time wasted back and forth I CAN NO LONGER RETURN THE ITEM TO THE STORE. DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
userLTMdn8Bdj2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The package says the "Control Screen" is subject to change, but that's just an interface and not approval for Samsung to take away features that we considered when selecting a product. 

This seems like a good candidate for a class action.