cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnee
Asteroid

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apparently the web page still claims it has mapping feature: https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/vacuums/powerbot-robot/powerbot--r7040-robot-vacuum-vr1am...

I beleive it still have it as i once got the coverage map. I think they just scr@wed up the application and the support here is incompetent.

usercFgS9hyHKr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For everyone affected, I am in the process of opening a class action lawsuit with a firm in California. I'll be reporting back here with information shortly for anyone who would like to provide supporting information to aid the case. This should be a pretty clear cut case.

Highlighted
apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercFgS9hyHKr wrote:

For everyone affected, I am in the process of opening a class action lawsuit with a firm in California. I'll be reporting back here with information shortly for anyone who would like to provide supporting information to aid the case. This should be a pretty clear cut case.

Thank you for taking the lead on this. Let me know how I can help.

user7y2MzcyF85
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here.  I specifically chose this vac because of that function and figured the higher cost was worth that.  But now, no mapping.  (Also, with the second use, mine has developed a loud, high-pitched noise.)  Keep us posted.  This is false advertising!  "Visionary Mapping Plus" (as stated on the box) is not so visionary if it doesn't exist.

userSNMK7S7itl
Astronaut

Re: Powerbot R7070 mapping report

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We also can not get the map to work. It runs but no map in the "history" section like we've see. Sending back.

userqXcFhccv1o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

juat reading this now. Have the same problem. Did you find a solution? I’m getting mad at samsung for this worthless feature that waa advertised aa great

userqXcFhccv1o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

juat reading this now. Have the same problem. Did you find a solution? I’m getting mad at samsung for this worthless feature that waa advertised aa great

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not an acceptable solution.

I am using Samsung Connect just like the instructions and the box say to do.

The box doesn't even mention Smart Home as an option.

I am using Samsung Connect and when checking the history I do not get maps.

I understand that Samsung Connect does not support the maps but why would this be advertised on the box.

The box clearly shows that you must use Samsung Connect and it clearly shows that it supports maps.

This was the reason I purchased this one!

I am very disappointed that I was misled. I would like someone at Samsung to contact me directly to sort this out. If you are unable to contact me directly through this forum, please contact me via email or phone asap.

userZAAelA53iy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely agree with all of the previous posters, this is false advertising at least and pure fraud at worst. I have the 7040 and it does not show any maps, and what is worse is that it does not continue where it left off after charging. I have a 3200 sq. ft one level home and it refuses to venture the whole house. I bought this vac because of the mapping feature and the fact that it was supposed to resume clean, mine doesn't. The app is pathetic in the control that it offers over the vac compared to other brands that i have tried. I agree that samsung has dropped the ball on this one.

userdE9DXtGs6x
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased a new R7070 and am having the same issue.  The mapping feature seems to be unavailable to me which was a primary reason I chose this model and manufacturer after extensive research.

Is this feature slated to be added to the "Connect" app in the near future?  If not I feel customers as myself deserve some form of compensation.  The product is not nearly as functional as it is being advertised without this software.