cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLxDmQlec6p
Astronaut

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same situation here. Reach out to me if needed. Based on my earlier experience dealing with Samsung and what I'm reading here, they don't seem to be willing or able to do anything about this problem.

userohnL579dqv
Constellation

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report and 7090

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours is a 7090 and we've been just as disappointed. At our age (77 and 85) we have to admit we've never had such poor customer service. We'd join a class action because their ads on line are untrue and misleading. We've been told by a tech that although it is advertised to have mapping, it does not, and she added that maybe they sent us an older model. As far as customer service, this is the worst we've ever had from ANY company EVER. They should be ashamed. We've emailed the CEO and got one call to give us the number of tech support. Called it and there was no answer, but offered "deals" on many things before we hung up (not Samsung deals, but all junk). Was told to call the person in charge of on line orders, and the same thing happened when we tried to call (offers on "deals"). Wonder how a company survives on such lies and poor customer service. In their ad it says 

• World-class customer support (not so at all)

@apexdestroyer13 wrote:
@userLTMdn8Bdj2wrote:

This seems like a good candidate for a class action.

I agree. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that but since Samsung is showing no signs of communication to address the problem I think that is going to have to happen. It seems like it will be easier to show this information to the FTC to get action than it has been dealing with Samsung.

userJdaXlu9wN3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Totally concur! Missing that advertized mapping feature a lot, no way to know what parts were cleaned and which were not.

The real shocker was, when I discovered no Samsung Powerbot apps compatible with Moto G Play.

The only app I've got working is SmartThings for Apple iPhone, and that app is a joke, - just "Play"/"Stop" button and nothing else. No alternative apps neither.

This is NOT ok!
usersHZcYOwTTB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've figured it out.  I was also not getting any map history for my 1200 sq ft floor.  However, one day, I decided to only clean a half of it and it started showing up!  I've done it multiple times now for each half and I've gotten a map every single time.   I'm not sure if this is happenning because the powerbot isn't able to think that it completes the entire floor (according to the manual, it'll only recharge 2 times(?) ) or if its not able to store flooring of a certain size.  Are there floor plan size restrictions?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There aren't any restrictions.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGa3iykSgPV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also disapointed in my power bot 7040, It was advertised that It can be programed to map out a room, and store the results so I could have it set up to automatically claen a particular room. But none of that works. I have probably had it too long to return it, But I'm going to try. 

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good luck. I couldn't return mine and Samsung obviously doesn't care. I bought a Botvac with mapping and I'm happy with it.

I am so disappointed with Samsung's customer service. I ended up locking this Powerbot in my unfinished basement to spend the rest of its life in the dark cleaning the concrete floor that I don't really care about having cleaned.

It sounds pretty deranged now that I'm speaking it out loud but all-in-all it's Samsung's fault and they could care less.

userqXcFhccv1o
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi
How do I select a specific region (e.g. room) for the machine to clean?
Daniel
Jimbo1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using the home app and didn't see any maps until I put it in a room told it to clean and closed the door so it only did that room.  I think it doesn't have enough memory or has a memory leak and can't store the map once it gets too big. This is just my guess but try and run it in just one room and wait for it to say it is done and check history. 

Highlighted
user1uvSsr2yD7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a difference between smart home and smart things apps?