Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userZqn1BNMHJq
Constellation

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also frustrated at the false advertising. My husband purchased this for me at Christmas. With mapping we hoped to be able to concentrate on high traffic areas but instead our vacuum basically goes wherever it feels like it. We also noticed that the suction on carpet just isn't as good a month or so later and often it can't find its charging station. I'm definitely interested in hearing about this class action lawsuit - falsely advertising a "smart" vacuum at this price point isn't ethical. All i can really do is turn it off and on - and I can't do that on my Google Home, as advertised. I'm connected but... nothing.

usercfILyxnZS9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Map only works in the Select and go  option. This is disapointing!, if you sheduled the vacum for cleaning each day , yoy cant made the map... its only work in manual mode, by clicking the room and in the tab select and Go 

user3YieykO7UE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What?

TAfromKC
Astronaut

Powerbot R7065 mapping not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't access the mapping function for my R7065 using the Samsung Smart Things app (formerly the Samsung Connect app). And the R7065 is not compatible with the Smart Home app (I downloaded the Smart Home app and tried connecting the vacuum, and it told me I needed to use the Smart Things app). I'm willing to bet the vacuum itself supports the mapping function, but Samsung didn't actually add that capability to the Smart Things app. I'd really like to be able to tell the vacuum to focus on a particular room without having to pick it up and move it. And I just like the idea of being able to see where the vacuum has cleaned and where I need to give it some help. Any chance Samsung will add mapping support for the R7000s in the Smart Things app?

userrFmKMKDJeQ
Constellation

Re: Powerbot R7065 mapping not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 7065, actually on the second since I returned the first one for failing to return to the dock after about 30 seconds of seeking repeatedly.

I have used it daily for the last 2 weeks and only have 6 maps.  The last one was on the 26th.  You would find it under the "History" menu for Smart-things.

I found this thread while trying to figure out why mapping is so hit and miss.  I am trying to understand if I want to keep this or not because if it doesnt actually clean the whole floor then why the heck would I spend this much money to then have to do it myself anyway?!?

userAr47ThjztU
Astronaut

Re: Powerbot R7065 mapping not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I have a powerbot 7065 too. How did you view you mapping? I opened history on the app for my ipad but there is nothing there? I can't find any answers anywhere. Thanks

usera8UyG14jdo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same conversation with the tech help.  They himmed and hawed indicating that it is not floorplan mapping.   I said that the box claims to produce a coverage map.   They said it is supposed to be in the “ history “.  I have never seen it. 

user1uvSsr2yD7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree! It also doesn’t work with Alexa either. Poor quality control.