cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZh6RDam2g5
Constellation

Powerbot R9250 only goes reverse

My R9250 powerbot has developed a problem where it only wants to go in reverse.  It was working fine for months and one day i went to empty the dustbin while it was charging. as soon as I removed the dust bin It started running and backed off the dock turned around went forward about a foot and then started going in reverse. When it is going forward it will stop and jerk into reverse as if it came to the stairs.  Doesn't matter what color the floor is and i have also covered thbe cliff sensors with no change.

Now all it does is go froward a little bit and then start going in reverse. It will do this over and over.  Go forward a bit and reverse a foot or so, go forward a bit and reverse a foot or so.  It will keep going until it gets stuck or back up onto something and lifts the back. When you use the remote to do spot clean or guide it everything works fine as long as you are in manual mode.  Once you hit the middle button for automatic it starts acting crazy.

I've cleaned the entire thing inside and out, replace one drive motor, replaced the front sensor cover,  checked to make sure the bumper wasn't stuck and it still just does the same thing.  I'm thiking it's something with the sensors since it acts like it thinks there is either something in front of it or is about to go over a cliff.  It does not have any error messages.  Every so often it will stop and show the triangle with exclamation point and make the error sound but will not show an error code.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Powerbot R9250 only goes reverse

For assistance with this concern, can you provide the full model number and the serial number to the link?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there, I had to pull your last post due it containing private information. We will be happy to follow up with you privately. Here is the full link if it helps: http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userL5iK8qk4Ub
Constellation

Hey I am having this exact issue. Did you ever get an answer or repair?