cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userobzfiWIgIj
Cosmic Ray

Powerbot WiFi reset default

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As a security issue, it can be necessary to clear the WiFi router registration in the Powerbot with WiFi when the robot is to be reused or moved various ways -- to protect the password.  Calls to customer service obtained no information on any way to do this.  Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the machine to factory defaults?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Powerbot WiFi reset default

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly there is not a method to resetting the vacuum itself but there is a way to reset the Smart Home connections in the app. This can be done by going to Smart Home, under Settings > Connected members, select the vacuum, and then touch Reset to disconnect all Samsung accounts from the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide the model code of your Powerbot?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userobzfiWIgIj
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue was brought to my attention by another user, and applies to all Powerbot models equipped with WiFi.  e.g. turbo VR2AK9350WK/AA

A work around may exist in altering the password in the router and re-connecting the powerbot to the "phony" router to erase the original password in the robot, then restoring the router to normal.  Still, there should be a procedure in firmware to reset to factory defaults and erase any router registration.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly there is not a method to resetting the vacuum itself but there is a way to reset the Smart Home connections in the app. This can be done by going to Smart Home, under Settings > Connected members, select the vacuum, and then touch Reset to disconnect all Samsung accounts from the device.

userDnWlNvNNgg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not available to me as the Smart Home App automatically tries to use the old wifi and there is NEVER an opportunity to intervene.

userLLF3tIHgOs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found if you disconnect the battery, wait a minute,  plug it back in, and then you can reset the WIFI connection. 

userDnWlNvNNgg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of the community suggestions for my situation.  I have a new wifi connection and the Smart Home App continues to try to connect to the old connection.  I have deleted the powerbot vacuum from Alexa and the Smart Thing Apps, deleted and reinstalled the Smart Home App.  The Smart Home continues to try to use the old wifi connection.  ANY other ideas out there?

userq4YtXoHRBc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a new modem and have yet to find a way to connect. Removing the battery didn’t work. I dont see any solutions online either. This is a serious design flaw. I should go back to rumba

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the network name the same with the new router as it was with the old router? You made need to change your network name. Has the old network been removed from your phone?