cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartThings App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone else having issues with the Smartthings app? I have multiple items connected but it's the Robot Vacuum that I'm having issues with. I click the robot vacuum option in the Smartthings app and instead of it going to the next option/page where I can create a floor plan or click the "Select & Go" option (I'm trying to send the vacuum to a specific room), I'm getting the following message. I've cleared the apps cache, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, and nothing fixes the issue. 

I have an S10+. My wife, who has an iPhone, can't get the app to display the next page either.

The first pic is the "Home" screen. I click the robot vacuum button that should take me to the second page where I can select "Select & Go" but instead I get the error message. 

Front Screen Smartthings.jpgSecond page error message smartthings.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SmartThings App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. For assistance with the connection, please contact the SmartThings support team directly at 866-813-2404. or via emaiil at support@smartthings.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. For assistance with the connection, please contact the SmartThings support team directly at 866-813-2404. or via emaiil at support@smartthings.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user6jNUCdOtyy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello I am experiencing same issue, have you been able to solve it? Before I was able to control via Smart home app but now it says I have to use Smart things but I cannot. Have tried all options like removing, adding, reinstall - nothing helps.

So i cannot use it online now, apparently not an issue of a router as app see that bot is charging.

Thanks for any help or tip?

user6jNUCdOtyy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user6jNUCdOtyy wrote:

Hello I am experiencing same issue, have you been able to solve it? Before I was able to control via Smart home app but now it says I have to use Smart things but I cannot. Have tried all options like removing, adding, reinstall - nothing helps.

So i cannot use it online now, apparently not an issue of a router as app see that bot is charging.

Thanks for any help or tip? I did not get what I paid for. 

This is the error and after going to smart things the result is same like yours.

Screenshot_20190721-211950.png

userjMWVg3Gb8h
Constellation

Yes, I am unable to hook up the smart TV. It was hooked u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I am unable to hook up the smart TV. It was hooked up earlier!

user6jNUCdOtyy
Asteroid

Re: Yes, I am unable to hook up the smart TV. It was hooked u...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone from Samsung here? How we can fix that? I have read that many people experience exactly same issue? Are you fixing that? Looks like it is able to communicate the status, but unable to open ports to be controlled. Expect urgent fix or I am gonna return it. Thanks

Hey. I spoke with the SmartThings rep and they had me del...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey. I spoke with the SmartThings rep and they had me delete and then reinstall the Smart Home app. I did that, reinstalled the product (in my case it was robot vacuum). I did and then I went into the SmartThings app and everything worked.

I hope these steps work for you!

Sorry, I was typing on my phone and by my response one wo...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry, I was typing on my phone and by my response one would think I dropped out of school in the second grade, lol.

Let me try again (are we able to edit our responses??)

Try deleting and reinstalling the Smart Home app (not the SmartThings app). Once reinstalled add your product and connect. Now go into the SmartThings app and see if you're able to get to the second page. It worked for me and I hope it does for you as well.

user6jNUCdOtyy
Asteroid

Re: Sorry, I was typing on my phone and by my response one wo...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hiya, thanks for a tip, hope it will work, let me try and let you know.. btw are you happy with the Robot Vaccum? i am little surprised it does not show cleaning history map.  But the suction power is great / better than others, so i live without it. But cannot without online control :-)  cheers

Re: Sorry, I was typing on my phone and by my response one wo...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll be curious to know if the steps work for you.

I'm 50/50 on the vacuum to tell you the truth but frankly some of that could be my own OCD more so than the vacuum. Our vacuum will travel over the exact same spot multiple times and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to where it goes or when. I've mapped the house multiple times but the vacuum goes where it wants and when it wants. By doing this the vacuum always runs out of battery and has to go back to the base to recharge. It wouldn't need to do this if it didn't go over the exact same spot 15 times, but hey, maybe it's a simple as my expectations not meeting reality...?