JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings connect to Chamberlain MyQ?

(Topic created: 01-23-2019 06:27 AM)
usernbfXmM4Uen
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Is it possible to connect my garage door that uses the Chamberlain MyQ app to the SmartThings hub?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

@userYrz2zaeAb the V3 does work with the old app, the only reason you couldn't connect it initially is because the old app does not know how to process the qr code it uses. After its connected though, you can use either app to manage it.

@Runner69 who makes your overhead garage door opener?

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.

View solution in context

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Can you confirm that the manufacturer of Chamberlain MyQ is compatible with Samsung Smart Things? 

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

It will connect. You will need a custom device controller that you can find here,

https://github.com/brbeaird/SmartThings_MyQ

and install in the IDE, but yes. It is compatible.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
userq6mcRQIbca
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I integrated the MyQ app with ST and see the app show up within ST. I can diddle the open/close buttons but it does not control my garage door. The MyQ Wifi bridge is properly installed as I can use the MyQ app by Chamberlian to open/close the garage door.

I have V3 ST Hub, the MyQ hub's model# is MYQ-G0301 and I am using a ST multipurpose sensor. I know I can pay the $10/yr for IFTTT or Google Home integration but I am stubborn and disagree that you have to pay a subscription fee to utilize those services.

Any ideas of what I can try to see what is causing the issue? Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

The github page says it's only compatible with the classic app. Look at you app icon. It should be a circle. If it looks more like a star, grab classic from play/istore.

If you're already using the classic, check to make sure an update isnt available.

If your up to date, there's not much more I can tell you without knowing about your network. 

Does the MyQ have a status in your device list?

Is the multipurpose connected and gives updates in the devices list? If so, is the MyQ within 10 to 15 feet of the multipurpose? If the multipurpose isnt in your device list, delete, and try add it again. If it wont, it's probably too far away. Z-Wave band is short, But the beauty of zwave is it creates a mesh to help connectivity of everything connected. If you get either connected, the other will help stabilize the other.

---My Signature---
Rothweiler
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

The V3 hub (AKA Smartthings Hub 2018) is only compatible with the new Smartthings App - it does not work with SmartThings Classic.  I moved a lot of my devices back to the V2 app to regain usefullness of them.

0 Likes
Solution
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

@userYrz2zaeAb the V3 does work with the old app, the only reason you couldn't connect it initially is because the old app does not know how to process the qr code it uses. After its connected though, you can use either app to manage it.

@Runner69 who makes your overhead garage door opener?

---My Signature---
Runner69
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Here is the link for Overhead.....they are quite popular......I contacted them and their response was to contact Samsung....https://www.overheaddoorclearwater.com/

0 Likes
Runner69
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Does anyone know if SmartThings Hub 2018 is compatible with Overhead garage door openers? It seems that Samsung doesn't have many options for garage door openers. I have switched to a Samsung Hub for a Clarecontrols hub so I can be in total control of my hub. (Clare only works with integrators/dealers). However my Overhead garage door opener did work with Clare. So far, no luck incorporating it with Samsung SmartThings.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

For assistance configuring your hub, please reach out to our specialized team directly at  866-813-2404, or via email at support@smartthings.com.

0 Likes