cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ConfusedWithMyDevices
Constellation

SmartThings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got dooped into the Connect Home AC1300 WiFi Mesh system for my home since I have several Samsung Devices. I've gotten into this "Smart Home" world and wonder if I can first hook up Samsung Hub v2 or be at modem and connect AC1300 after the hub and clicking OFF "Use as a SmarThings Hub" will it work as 3 nodes being all WiFi devices and NOT BE A HUB?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SmartThings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please reach out to our SmartThings support team at 866-813-2404 directly for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please reach out to our SmartThings support team at 866-813-2404 directly for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

JoeyJoeyJoJo
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can use them with your v2 hub. You are correct when you uncheck "Use as Smartthings Hub". I have a v2 hub, smartthings wifi, and the ADT panel but my v2 hub is the main "Location". Everytime you set up a hub it will create a "Location" for you. Once your Samsung account has a hub and a Location every additional hub will create a new location. You can't delete all locations out of Smartthings. But as long as you connect all your things to the v2 hub (by selecting the location associated with your v2 hub) and delete everything out of the location associated with the smartthings wifi you should be able to delete the location for your smartthings wifi. Then you can turn off your smarthings wifi hub. I know this is confusing but basically every hub has a location, once a location is attached to your samsung account you can't delete it until a new location is added. Finally, it is rare but sometimes the location is locked on your Smartthings account and you need to call the smartthings customer service to remove it.